Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #341  
Every home a charging point. Problem solved.

Tesla Model 3 LR will honestly put 250 miles into the battery in 35 minutes at a 250 kW Tesla Supercharger if you start with the battery very low. But that doesn't matter, that isn't something you do more than once per year if you expect the battery to last 15 years. Is faster to stop every 125 miles than once every 250.

I don't think you can fill your tank in 5 minutes. 20 minutes is a quick off-on interstate stop.

Don't worry about it. Will never happen. Politicians will be thrown out on their backsides if they actually try and make ICE vehicles scarce. Right now they are just virtue signaling knowing full well they will be long gone before the bill is due.

Know plenty of people who love their EGo battery snowblowers. Just because your shop sold an inferior battery-electric doesn't mean all are equally inferior. Fiat 500e is an exceptionally inferior EV so lets pretend all EVs are as limited as a Fiat 500e.

Wait a minute, the claim last month was only 200 tons!

But "so what?" How about how much has to be moved to produce a ton of steel? Of aluminum? Of copper?

50% excess capacity at night. Isn't doing anything now, easy money for the utilities if only they had a market to sell night electricity.
I Have worked in the electric business 40 plus years and I can say at this time going all electric vehicles at this time is NOT sustainable.Our dumb ass Washington leadership is running blind.The rich politicians expect poor folks who are living check to check to run out and buy a $40,000-$60,000 electric vehicle isn't going to happen hell they can barley afford a gallon of gas or food to put on there table..

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #342  
The worst part of a ZT is getting all the dust and nasty in your face because you're so close to the ground. But they are really fast and they can get into places a tractor never dreamed of. More importantly, they can get out of those places with ease. Those who operate them will know what I mean. On hills (?) if you have to cut it sideways, the ass-end will slide long before it will tip. If it even will tip. Doubtful. They're like a go cart with a mower deck. Tippy tractors bother me. They can kill people.

If I never see another mid-mount-mower, it will be too soon.

Wouldn't mind have a nice pull behind finish mower but there's money and storage considerations. Then, I'd have to go behind it and get the parts the finish mower can't get so -- What's the point??

I'm sure there are many situations where you can't use a ZT but, if you can, consider it.
If tippy tractors bother you then you need to worry about getting flatter land. :ROFLMAO:

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #344  

Tesla Model 3 LR will honestly put 250 miles into the battery in 35 minutes at a 250 kW Tesla Supercharger if you start with the battery very low. But that doesn't matter, that isn't something you do more than once per year if you expect the battery to last 15 years. Is faster to stop every 125 miles than once every 250.

I don't think you can fill your tank in 5 minutes. 20 minutes is a quick off-on interstate stop.

Don't worry about it. Will never happen. Politicians will be thrown out on their backsides if they actually try and make ICE vehicles scarce. Right now they are just virtue signaling knowing full well they will be long gone before the bill is due.

Know plenty of people who love their EGo battery snowblowers. Just because your shop sold an inferior battery-electric doesn't mean all are equally inferior. Fiat 500e is an exceptionally inferior EV so lets pretend all EVs are as limited as a Fiat 500e.

But "so what?" How about how much has to be moved to produce a ton of steel? Of aluminum? Of copper?

50% excess capacity at night. Isn't doing anything now, easy money for the utilities if only they had a market to sell night electricity.
Plenty of people in Alabama I guess would love their Ego snow throwers. That's what we sold in CT and they hated them.
Your measurement of 50% excess capacity is applicable as to how we use energy now and this is only in certain parts of the country. We have brown outs now at night with just air conditioners.
Your thought process is your own if you think I can't do a fill up in 5 minutes.
Every home a charging port eh? Pulling 220-240 volts per household at night will do what to the supply?
Steel, copper, aluminum is way different to obtain than lithium, cadmium and cobalt among other minerals. Your comparison is a red herring. Do you know where the preponderance of lithium is?
Australia (hard rock mining) and the Chilean salt flats by use of extraction. How long do you think the environment will stand up to that kind of mining?
Electric cars will end up being the Fulton paddle wheel of boats with a lot more damage to the environment.

Oh but wait, you "battery for everything" people embrace the environment don't ya. As long as it not in your back yard I suppose.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #345  

Are you in Tesla sales? Tesla is a tiny tin can. No way would I buy one of those things here in the mountain west.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #346  
Good luck extinguishing a lith-ion battery fire in a car.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
We cut very hilly terrain with ours. Just takes a little practice and those hills become no big deal. I do have one property where its difficult to cut up and down the hill, but I can cut alongside the hill no problem.
On rough areas, its mixed. The 7ga deck is tough enough to take tough grass, roots, etc. but without bar tires, you’ll get stuck-pretty much like a 4x2 tractor with rear turf tires. One thing for sure is, its less tippy than a tractor. Not good on mud, but who cuts a lot on mud?
For a few years, I ran bar tires on my zero turn and it made a huge difference on hills and trails. Then when I needed a second machine, I bought a 4WD mower and switched back to turfs on the zero turn.

You know your terrain better than anyone, but dont worry too much about hills. We cut along them easily, even with turfs. Up and down is not as easy, but still doable.

With bar tires, it‘ll climb just about any hill and they are extremely stable.

View attachment 740036

View attachment 740035
I'm thinking the reason you haven't had much of a problem is because that mower has a gear reduction. It's one of the only ZT's on the market that does have one. One of the problems I have personally encountered with them is when you are going down a hill or even pointed down a hill they can get away from you. They have no foot brakes and almost all of them have no gear reductions.

I'm assuming that is a ZD1511? How does the ACS deck cut on that? I have heard mixed reviews about it.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #348  
Outdoor power equipment is another joke to the tradesman.
I use a Milwaukee battery powered chain saw, pole saw , weed eater , blower , skil saw , etc and I can tell you that their 18 volt Fuel stuff is no joke, the blower is the one thing that goes through a fully charged battery in about 15 minutes of constant use, I can saw with the pole saw for hours.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #349  
I'm thinking the reason you haven't had much of a problem is because that mower has a gear reduction. It's one of the only ZT's on the market that does have one. One of the problems I have personally encountered with them is when you are going down a hill or even pointed down a hill they can get away from you. They have no foot brakes and almost all of them have no gear reductions.

I'm assuming that is a ZD1511? How does the ACS deck cut on that? I have heard mixed reviews about it.
Its a ZD-331 74”. The precursor to the kubota ZDxxxx series.
I would urge everyone with a lot of grass and wants to get it done without BS to find one of these machines. Even with 2000 hours, mine still eats grass and runs like a tank. The sticks pulled back to you will stop you, but yes it has brakes and a E-brake. Twin tanks that hold a lot of fuel and a diesel that wont quit.
I’d take a used ZD331 for $7500 over a lot of new ZTs.
In the pantheon of classic Zero turns, its in the top 3, IMO.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
I was just thinking yesterday about you. Was wondering where you've been and why you haven't commented on this thread yet. Good to have you back.
The worst part of a ZT is getting all the dust and nasty in your face because you're so close to the ground.
That too. However, I think a rear discharge deck would solve most of that.
If I never see another mid-mount-mower, it will be too soon.
Why? Please explain.
Then, I'd have to go behind it and get the parts the finish mower can't get so -- What's the point??
Why wouldn't you be able to get parts?