Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #21  
Can't help but ask. When/why do you need 4 remotes on the rear? With a similar sized tractor I've never needed more than 2. I can imagine a couple scenarios that would make 3 handy. What implement are you using that needs 4?
Top & Tilt kit and an articulating ditch & bank flail mower. Need all 4.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #22  
Where u getting these lines from? Custom made at hydraulic shop?

I'm running my grapple off a rear remote.

I ran hoses from a rear remote to the loader for a grapple. I got the hydraulic fittings from surpluscenter and the hoses from discounthydraulichose.com. I used old garden hose to mock up the hose path to get the length.

I used JIC ends on the hoses and JIC bulkhead fittings that go into a bracket I made that bolts to existing bolt holes on the loader arm torque tube. You need JIC to NPT adapters since the quick connects are NPT.

At least on my machine the flow is not that high so I used 3/8" hose and fittings except for the quick connects which are 1/2".

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #23  
All the parts houses around here make hoses. As far as remotes, I have 3, using all 3 right now. I always have my toplink on one, the other 2 are hooked up to my right and left booms on my sprayer. I have zero use for a tilt on my 3 PH otherwise I would need 4.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #24  
Can't help but ask. When/why do you need 4 remotes on the rear? With a similar sized tractor I've never needed more than 2. I can imagine a couple scenarios that would make 3 handy. What implement are you using that needs 4?
Top & Tilt kit and an articulating ditch & bank flail mower. Need all 4.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #25  
I've got 2 on my IH574, 2 on my Kioti 2620, 3 on my Branson 8050, and 4 on my NH8160. I often wish for the forth on my Branson. With a hydraulic top link then my back blade and ditch bank mower need 4. I use a diverter on the back blade to get by with less.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #26  
I tie-wrapped hoses from my rear remotes to my loader frame were I made a bracket and mounted quick connects beside the loader quick connects. Then ran up the loader arms to the the center cross piece and mounted another set of quick connects. Just a drill and a saw to cut some flat bar to mount the fittings. Just went to the hydraulic shop with the length of the 4 hose pieces and put all the parts together.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #27  
I was going to do the same as you but I use my grapple a lot, and decided the extra money for a proper 3rd function was worth it. I am old (over 70) and looked at it as a 10 year investment. $60/year seemed like a pittance for the convenience.

If you planning to keep the tractor for a few years, think about it that way. Makes even more sense if you are young and will have the machine for 20 years.

If you use the grapple two hours a year, going cheap makes sense.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #28  
I'm not a fan of true third kit's, I'd prefer a diverter from the curl circuit. It's much more controllable in my opinion.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #29  
This is the rear remote kit I put on my tractor:
Electric Rear Remote Valve Kit for Compact Tractors (Two Spool, Three Spool, Four Spool)

I got the three remote kit with 4 button joystick and one rocker switch
1st remote for a hydraulic top link, rocker switch controled mounted next to the 3 point hitch lift lever.
2nd remote for an angle cylinder on my backblade, controlled by the top set of buttons on joystick (loader valve lever)
3rd remote ran hoses to front of tractor to a set of hydraulic couplers under tractor for chute defector angle on my front mounted snowblower and for future grapple, cotrolled by the bottom set of buttons on joystick (loader valve lever)

Got my fittings and hoses from:DiscountHydraulicHose.com

Last edited:
   / Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #30  
Already have 1 rear valve. Wont be using it much. Any shortcuts to getting hydraulic hoses from front to rear? By shortcut i mean ready to go...or will i need to custom make and give every detail/angles/fittings?
That is how I plumbed my grapple. I got all of my hoses and fittings from surpluscenter.com. I ran all my hoses under the tractor and down the loader arms with zip ties. They all tucked in real tight. I used elbows for all the sharp bends. Figure out what you need and order all the parts online. You can save a lot. If you find a hose too long just take it to a hydraulic shop and have it cut off. I would like to buy locally, but NAPA charged $40+ to make a 2 foot 3/8" hose. I bought two 20' hoses and all the fittings for about $120.00. Very good quality hoses and fittings.