Walterscheid slip clutches

/ Walterscheid slip clutches #1  

Indian Territory

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland PowerStar 75
Can anyone tell me if the Walterscheid slip clutch I keep smoking uses asbestos clutch plates? Is that even done anymore? I'm too busy to die of cancer just yet.

/ Walterscheid slip clutches #2  
Why are you smoking clutch material? Certainly there are other things you can smoke that aren't as nasty. And isn't it hard to chip the clutch material off of the clutch? As far as asbestos goes I am sure they do not contain asbestos. Still, who knows what is smoking when the clutch gets hot, I would avoid breathing the smoke. Maybe a bigger clutch would be in order.
Eric

/ Walterscheid slip clutches
I'd backed
Why are you smoking clutch material? Certainly there are other things you can smoke that aren't as nasty. And isn't it hard to chip the clutch material off of the clutch? As far as asbestos goes I am sure they do not contain asbestos. Still, who knows what is smoking when the clutch gets hot, I would avoid breathing the smoke. Maybe a bigger clutch would be in order.
Eric
I'd backed it off too far. Before it was too tight. Then it was too loose. Now it's just right.

/ Walterscheid slip clutches
I'm following up on this for any future users who might benefit.

Walterscheid got back with me quickly. They confirm that in the EU it is illegal to use asbestos in manufacturing.

The friction plates on their pto slip clutches do not contain asbestos at all.

I suspected as much, but am happy to see it confirmed.