Backhoe Wallenstein GX 700

/ Wallenstein GX 700 #1  

kfranko

Tractor
Kubota L3400D
Proud new owner of a Kubota L3400D under 200hrs. A new wallenstein GX700 came with it, but no frame mount.
Anyone with experience in joining these two..? U would not use it solely on the 3pt hitch. Called Wallenstein , asking 1500$ for the mount..
Is anything else out there at a normal price that would work, or does anyone have the schematics. Should not be that hard to build.
Greeting to all ,...a newby.

/ Wallenstein GX 700 #2  
Looks like it's a 3 pt mount. I had a Woods 3 pt mount and it never gave me any trouble. A few pics would be helpful of the hitch side of the hoe. Welcome to TBN!

/ Wallenstein GX 700 #3  
Hey Welcome to TBN... You could get away with using it on the three point hitch, really depends on how you use it, rough and tough, you can break the top case (you should build a heavy duty top plate regardless)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/382978-once-upon-time-land-me.html

There a link to another L3400 with a broken case in the thread above...

If you use the backhoe with in reason, you may or may not have a problem. People have broken the mid-case on some other units (have not heard of that with the "standard" L's.)

There is a thread or two about building your own sub-frame for the backhoe. IF you can't find it, ask for it. Can you weld? If you can't or if you don't have someone you can hire, you are stuck with the OEM.

For what it's worth, $1500 does not seem out of line for a sub-frame. If you break your tractor without having one, the dealer would cost a bunch more (and you still have to buy a sub-frame).

I bought a Long 1099 backhoe that's ~12' reach and it ripped out the bolts for the top link of a 6000 lbs dozer. You'll find the weak link sooner or later... Good luck.

/ Wallenstein GX 700 #4  
Proud new owner of a Kubota L3400D under 200hrs. A new wallenstein GX700 came with it, but no frame mount.
Anyone with experience in joining these two..? U would not use it solely on the 3pt hitch. Called Wallenstein , asking 1500$ for the mount..
Is anything else out there at a normal price that would work, or does anyone have the schematics. Should not be that hard to build.
Greeting to all ,...a newby.
I have a subframe for sale if your still looking for one? Backhoe subframe for mid size tractor. Heavy Duty. Needs a little paint but otherwise in good shape. Originally built for a Jinma backhoe. I'm located in North Eastern Ontario, in a small town called Elk Lake. Asking $125.00 for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG