Wacko Kioti Issue

/ Wacko Kioti Issue #21  
Man that sucks, Kioti are normally pretty darn good tractors. But the more electronics and more vulnerable they can be I suppose? I'm glad I have a mechanical injected engine and a mechanical/hydraulic HST on mine.

/ Wacko Kioti Issue
It is not impossible that the whole problem is dust and moisture. Dust has minerals in it and they are conductive. If that's contaminated a board you could get the weirdest results.

you might find it easier to replace the module or even the whole computer than it might be to run that down.
All of the plugs are sealed and the HST controller is also a sealed unit. I went out this morning early to check the plugs on the right side switch panel. Just for the F___ of it turned the key on. What do you know, my N in neutral is back up on the dashboard. I went thru the gears and they are all working now. My tractor started right up and I spent 3 hours using my forks bringing in logs to my woodpile. Yesterday the tractor was cold when it died on me. I was expecting the same thing to happen today. This is so friggin weird. I'm going to give the Kioti service dept. that I had put my motor in a call and see what he thinks. I'm stumped on this one.

Last edited:
   / Wacko Kioti Issue
Man that sucks, Kioti are normally pretty darn good tractors. But the more electronics and more vulnerable they can be I suppose? I'm glad I have a mechanical injected engine and a mechanical/hydraulic HST on mine.
I wish mine was that way too and no smog hog exhaust system. Although the exhaust is so much cleaner than my previous Cub Cadet tractor. I also never had any issues with the HST on that tractor. I think it had like 3200 or 3400 hours on it when I sold it.

/ Wacko Kioti Issue #24  
probably that half-assed sloppy split pin connection they use to attach the lever to the outer shaft ,just move the selector around and watch your dash readings, I'm ready to tack weld mine instead of that roll pin thing

/ Wacko Kioti Issue
probably that half-assed sloppy split pin connection they use to attach the lever to the outer shaft ,just move the selector around and watch your dash readings, I'm ready to tack weld mine instead of that roll pin thing
I just made a post last week how I drilled mine out to the next size up pin to get rid of all that slop. The hole was egg shaped. Not anymore and it works great and lines right up with the positions. The new pin size is 1/4 inch.

/ Wacko Kioti Issue #26  
Since you have those pinned sockets that don't self unplug when u snag something, whats going to give ?

Typically the wire pulls out thru the back of the connector since the spade or lug is only retained by a tiny tang that is easily bent, Or the conductor can break internally. It may be a single wire or a whole bunch.

So when checking electrical plugs & sockets, be sure to look at the depth of the spade/lug within the socket. Pull out and retension any that are sitting low in the housing.
We have a bunch of tractors working in orchids : this is not an uncommon problem across many brands.

If a tang is bent, unplugging and replugging often results in a spade being pushed out the back of the housing too. Can seem to work because the contacts are initially touching head on. But unreliable.

I don't know yr model or the circuit, but sounds like the root problem is that the computer isn't reading a selector lever and that this lever can be calibrated.
If so, then the lever is probably sensed by a potentiometer ( "pot" ) like the volume on an old radio. The computer then simply reads a single voltage from this single sensor to read a whole bunch of positions. Cheaper/simplier than having a switch for every lever position.
The pot part of the lever sensor has 3 wires. There may be other wires there too...for example a neutral position safety contact hardwired into the starter circuit ( these computers can't be trusted with safety ).
But of the 3 wires, one is ground, one is + supply and one is signal back to the computer. Look at the + supply wire : if lost, the computer always sees the lowest position which I think is what you are saying.

HTH's

/ Wacko Kioti Issue #28  
sometimes them little electrons get perfused and go to the wrong place.
Yep. They talk about herding cats? Those electrons are even harder to keep in line.