vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog

/ vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog #11  
   / vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog
   / vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog
what's combofix?

hate to download or click on anything now that i'm paranoid. ;)

/ vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog #14  
use combofix in safe mode on flash drive only please...

/ vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog #16  
oh -- sorry . its only a spyware and SOME ( stress some since it doesnt find all malware) malware finder/cleaner program. However, if you are not a system admin at work or a basic computer user, I wouldnt use it. it must be used with care as it can be destructive if you dont know what you are doing and removing. If the software finds something, it tends to remove stuff from recycle bin,tempfolder and internet temp folders. I use it because if I know a pc is infected or suspect it is, no matter how little or how bad, its faster then anything I know of to clean the pc and get it back asap. it does the job the first time around unlike others.
With you asking me what is it makes me hesitate to endorse this program for you, like i said can be harmful in wrong hands and make OS rendered unusable. You would just have to do a complete re-install if that happens to save time.

hmm...i don't think i'll be using that on a work pc....

/ vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog #18  
I have used combofix when nothing else would clean out the crud.. I survived, but it is powerful and dangerous.

since we have no IT guy at work.. and if that prog messes something up.. it's on me to go find a fix. I'll see what the MS stuff will do on monday first.. :)

/ vista laptop - security center empty, firewall not on, can't update, add/remove prog #20  
what's combofix?

hate to download or click on anything now that i'm paranoid. ;)

Basically fixes anything the others cant.. Works really good on rootkits..