Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc...

/ Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc... #31  
The top of the plow was already drilled and painted. I did just get regular zinc bolts but my attachments stay out of the weather (and I don't salt) so rust isn't a big concern, although I nearly paid SS prices for buying the hardware individually at ACE...lol. Bolts were probably 5mm too long (want room to put a top sandwich plate if needed in the future) and that made them hit the plow blade if I pointed them down so up they are!

Ahhhh, I didn’t know they were pre drilled. That makes me feel better about corrosion starting under the deflector.

/ Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc... #32  
A top plate or larger fender washers are a good idea to help with the load on the rubber flap. There's a lot of pressure on that flap with a full blade load and when you plow into piles, that flap is going to take impacts. The 'belt' you put on is pretty thick (I think you said 1/2" in the video) compared to most of the factory made flaps I've used but that's probably an advantage.

DEWFPO

/ Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc...
A top plate or larger fender washers are a good idea to help with the load on the rubber flap. There's a lot of pressure on that flap with a full blade load and when you plow into piles, that flap is going to take impacts. The 'belt' you put on is pretty thick (I think you said 1/2" in the video) compared to most of the factory made flaps I've used but that's probably an advantage.

DEWFPO

I used some "engineering judgement" and slapped the back of the plow while saying "that'll hold". :dance1: It is some beefy rubber, looks like 3-layers of webbing. Its conveyer belt material so made to handle some tugging. Not saying I disagree with you though and I'll monitor it as I abuse it to see if it looks like it needs a top plate. The washers are more or less the size of the bottom plate so going bigger starts to give diminishing returns. If it needs more I'll just go full top plate.

/ Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc... #34  
I used some "engineering judgement" and slapped the back of the plow while saying "that'll hold". :dance1: --------------------------------------------------

From my education at the TLAR School of Engineering and my eyecrometer, it passes inspection 2_thumbs-up.png.

(That Looks About Right).

/ Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc... #35  
From my education at the TLAR School of Engineering and my eyecrometer, it passes inspection View attachment 683047.

(That Looks About Right).

Agree. The fender washers and 1/2 thick rubber should pass the test. Snow heavy enough to unseat the deflector will likely instead bend the rubber backwards and come over the top.

/ Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc... #36  
this was last night after a day starting with freezing rain, about half inch accumulated on the Toolcat then 60mph winds and snow, had total white out wednesday night and thursday night no way to get into the machine, iced up tight, used the machine today after a hour of defrosting to clear drifts on the driveway some were 3 foot high and hard packed, here is a picture of the Toolcat in iceDSC_0094.JPG

cool! or should I say "brrrr"

Brush cutting some pricker bushes with my MTL XC7 60" cutter

/ Videos: 2016 Toolcat 5600 at work, mowing, tree stump, plowing, etc... #39  
Real nice, Nate! :thumbsup:

Finally got a good snow here in Michigan. I let it pile up a little so I had a solid foot (plus some drifting) of snow to plow.