Video editor

/ Video editor #1  

JRobyn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330HST
Hey guys,

I've seen that some of y'all on here are very good with video work. I have a few "raw" videos that I'd mostly just like to "trim" some bits out of the middle of. Every editor I've tried makes it (seem to be) extremely difficult to do this. Any good, easy, video editor apps to recommend?

/ Video editor #2  
In Windows Movie Maker you click where you want to start the delete and split the video. Do it again at the end of where you want to delete then select that section and hit the delete key. The program is simple to use and understand but doesn't always render a good finished product for me.

Using Sony Vegas Movie Studio you can click on the point of the movie you want to start the removal, hold down the shift key, arrow to the point you want to end, then hit delete.
The program is not very intuitive and I struggle with many of it's functions.

/ Video editor #3  
Shotcut is a bit more powerful than windows movie maker. I've used it for a few lengthy videos. Plenty of good tutorials on youtube. I like it because it has more output controls than movie maker and I can really precisely trim clips. Example: Waterwheel Microhydro P1, The Dam - YouTube

/ Video editor #4  
If u r on an iPad or Mac the iMovie works well.

/ Video editor #5  
Hey guys. The time has come to revive this thread. What video editors do you use now?

/ Video editor #6  
Hey. I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro for quite some time now and I absolutely love it. It's user-friendly, so it's easy for beginners to get started. Another app I use is Movavi. It's an easy-to-use video editor that's free to download, making it a great option for those who are just starting out. Overall, there are a lot of great video editors out there, so it really depends on your specific needs and preferences.

Last edited:
   / Video editor #7  
I use Filmora Go on my Android devices. Easy as pie, full suite of features. I love it.