Ventrac- power decreasing, noise increasing???

/ Ventrac- power decreasing, noise increasing??? #11  
cut the top off, sit the filter in a vice upright..... take the pleated paper out and look on the inside, thats were everything shows up, it unfolds like an accordion .... do it all the time. Do the same with oil filters you can se trouble on the way before it happens..... jim

/ Ventrac- power decreasing, noise increasing??? #12  
I would not bother to cut one without the large pipe cutter or filter cutter. If you do, yes the media will show any metal in bright light/sun light.

prs

/ Ventrac- power decreasing, noise increasing??? #13  
Yes, you will contaminate the results, the only way to cut one with a grinder and a cut off blade is up side down and keep the contamination at the upper end and disregard it .... jim

/ Ventrac- power decreasing, noise increasing???
I will try cutting it upside down to minimize contamination.

btw I have 6-8 hours on the Ventrac since filter changes-- still running as it should. Just seems weird that at slightly over 100 hrs I was losing hydraulic pressure due to filter restrictions.

/ Ventrac- power decreasing, noise increasing??? #15  
Just maybe continuation, and the filter caught it.... or if the filter was full metal I would say it will soon be history. That is why you cut them open and check them, even if you don't have a problem. You really should have cut that filter open and seen the problem..... jim