Ventrac Center Pivot

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
We have two Ventrac 4500Zs, they have been great machines. But both have the center pivot loose. Anyone know the procedure of replacing them?
Thanks

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #2  
How many hours are on them? Were they greased regularly?

/ Ventrac Center Pivot
They are machines at my work and probably didn’t get greased as much as they should. I would have to look but I think the one has close to 2000 hours.

/ Ventrac Center Pivot
I looked at the hours, one has 500 and the other has 1000 hours.

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #5  
Look at the parts manual ..... I would look at the bar on the bottom first and check for play on both ends.... jim

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #6  
I have replaced both the lower bar and the upper center pivot assembly on my 4500Z Ventrac. Dealer told me it was difficult to change the upper and to drop it off to have them do the repair. I changed the upper out in less time than loading it up and traveling 40 miles to drop it off at dealer. The retaining nut on the center pivot will require some heat to release the nut. Tight fit but it will come off. My ventrac started bucking front to back when running the aero-vator last fall and I had to reduce speed to continue through that day. Replaced upper and problem went away. I had about 650 hours on the unit at that time.

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #7  
I'm just starting to see some play in mine at 600 hrs. but you have to look for it. Mine is well greased too.... jim

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #8  
How expensive of a repair is this? I need to keep this in mind during my search for a machine.

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #9  
I have no idea, but keep it greased and you should never find out..... jim

/ Ventrac Center Pivot #10  
I have replaced both the lower bar and the upper center pivot assembly on my 4500Z Ventrac. Dealer told me it was difficult to change the upper and to drop it off to have them do the repair. I changed the upper out in less time than loading it up and traveling 40 miles to drop it off at dealer. The retaining nut on the center pivot will require some heat to release the nut. Tight fit but it will come off. My ventrac started bucking front to back when running the aero-vator last fall and I had to reduce speed to continue through that day. Replaced upper and problem went away. I had about 650 hours on the unit at that time.

The newer bottom bar has grease fittings on the ends..... jim