Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #21  
Sounds like a carburetor main jet blockage.

Remove the bowl and take a piece of fishing line or a coarse bristle from a paint brush or a thin copper strand from a length of wire and gently push it through the jet orifice.

Sometimes the jet must be removed to get to a metering tube to clean it as well.
its fuel injected so no bowl. I am hoping since the vent tube was clogged now i got it cleaned out and air filters, fuel filters clean that it will run good. Gonna give it a shot Saturday hopefully if weather permits

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #22  
I want to say thank you to everyone that replied, I am not very experienced mechanic, between this forum and some you tube video's you guys have helped me out. I am reading your responses and going to remember to check the other things mentioned if what I have done doesn't work. Thanks alot guys

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #23  
my ventrac 4500Z is back to dying after 30 minutes running the PTO, fist time I changed filter and found the vent line was plugged...it worked good for awhile...now its doing same thing again...this time I am going to change the electric fuel pump. Does anyone how I can cross reference this part number out on web 8J01 B76 that is what is on the pump itself, ventrac has a different # in the manual, I was hoping to find one out on web somewhere and not have to pay ventrac over 200 buck for one

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #24  
You are saying a clogged fuel vent caused the problem? That was my guess. As far as fuel pump replacement, look for the engine model number, not Ventrac model number. What is it? Kubota D902? Once you have actual engine number, crossing the pump should be a breeze. What makes you think a pump that runs for 30 minutes is the cause? Of check that vent again... Doesn't take long for Yellow Sad Spiders (sand spiders) to clog up a vent.
I bet this will do you https://www.amazon.com/Performance-...t=&hvlocphy=9004707&hvtargid=pla-842474410027

Last edited:
   / Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #25  
I have a spare pump in my parts bag and can forward the number you here when I home. Right now am stranded away frm home in snow and deep freeze

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #26  
so right now so far what i have accomplished is putting a new pump and filter on, made sure vent line was clean...ran it for about an hour then it stopped, i took the cover off and watched the filter after i got started back up it would run, then the filter would go dry and die....so i took it back home took the tank off last night, emptied tank checked for trash didnt really notice any, pulled to fuel supply line out, the internal line may have been too long it did have a small kink in it, i cut that off, tried to blow through it and barely could, so i hooked air hose up and blew some what looked like dirt out of the hose, also blew the line out from tank to fuel pump....i think i need to blow the line from pump to carb out....once i hooked back up and turned key on fuel would just barely trickle into the filter...i may need to get another plastic tube for tank idk...i dont think its gonna work just trickling out of the tank to the pump....

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #27  
Hello Randy

We are having the same problems with our Ventrac 4500Z that you were having. Did you finally resolve the issue and if so do you know what finally resolved it? I just put in a new fuel filter and blew out the vent line. I did not pull the supply line out of the tank yet. Did that seem to resolve the issue for you? I am starting to think that it may be an electrical issue because feathering the throttle and chock was not enough to keep it running.

Regards

Mark Downey

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #28  
One point that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is what gas are you using? Octane? Fresh? Additives?

The reason I ask is my 4500P was on Ethanol Free 93 octane, but I put a couple tanks of Ethanol Free 87 octane in and it did NOT like that. In fact more than once it tried to stall out on me going up a hill or kicking in the PTO for the roughcut mower.

I've gone back to buying the higher octane stuff, but could only find 90 octane in the pump that was previously 93 octane. I suppose that has something to do with the current political situation.⛽

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #29  
I got a bit confused in this thread. I thought we were discussing 4500Z and then I noticed we were talking fuel injection on the Kawa motor. But, the culprit seems to be consistent; fuel starvation due to dirty and or wet fuel blocking filters, vents, and/or fuel lines.

prs

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #30  
I got a bit confused in this thread. I thought we were discussing 4500Z and then I noticed we were talking fuel injection on the Kawa motor. But, the culprit seems to be consistent; fuel starvation due to dirty and or wet fuel blocking filters, vents, and/or fuel lines.

prs
The OP said 4500Z/Kubota engine, which would be carbureted. I got confused too.