UTV coming Thursday

/ UTV coming Thursday #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
My wife was quite taken by the Kubota Sidekick UTV at out local fair and ordered one from the dealer I deal with. She wanted it road legal (you can road them here in Michigan with the correct equipment). She wanted one in Kubota orange of course. They come in Orange, Black and Camo.

Signed the papers last week but the unit was not completely done, dealer was waiting for the turn signal kit.

She got the fold down windshield, the sport top, rearview and sideview mirrors and the Rhino lined bed.

48 months, 0 percent financing, ag exemption so no tax (I'll use it for spraying when I can get it which will be rarely).

42mph top speed, 1500 pounds bed payload, 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive with a rear locker, twin cylinder gas emgine (Subaru engine). Opted for the universal tires versus the bar tread, one of the requirements for roading here in Michigan is DOT approved tires.

I looked at the Diesel UTV's but too slow for us and a but more jack.

Just picked up a 5000 pound winch at HF yesterday with my 25% off coupon.

Sold the quad right away (don't need it anymore), Honda Foreman 400 in mint condition. Went quick for my asking price.

Comes Thursday afternoon. She's geeked.

/ UTV coming Thursday #2  
Congrats on the new machine. Now your gonna hafta change your signature. :)

/ UTV coming Thursday #3  
Does Kubota only make diesel engines so they had to use Subaru for a gasoline one?

/ UTV coming Thursday #4  
Does Kubota only make diesel engines so they had to use Subaru for a gasoline one?

I have heard that. Never fried to confirm.

/ UTV coming Thursday #5  
if you don't mind my asking, what was the price of transaction? just curious

also, you're wise to road modify if you'll be on public highways. you'll be a safe driver, but do take care for all those fast multi tasking/ road rage vehicles approaching you from behind. not much you can do about that as compared to oncoming traffic

also....in your state, to be legal road worthy, are you required to get atv vehicle insurance should you injure yourself or others?

i have mixed feelings re: the nature of today's driver (autos) and the ever increasing atv vehicles on the roadways today
congrat on your new machine. & enjoy

Last edited:
   / UTV coming Thursday
if you don't mind my asking, what was the price of transaction? just curious

also, you're wise to road modify if you'll be on public highways. you'll be a safe driver, but do take care for all those fast multi tasking/ road rage vehicles approaching you from behind. not much you can do about that as compared to oncoming traffic

also....in your state, to be legal road worthy, are you required to get atv vehicle insurance should you injure yourself or others?

i have mixed feelings re: the nature of today's driver (autos) and the ever increasing atv vehicles on the roadways today
congrat on your new machine. & enjoy

14 5 otd.

Far as insurance goes it's on our blanket farm policy with a 1000 buck deductible. Our blanket policy covers everything from the house to the barns to stored feed to working equipment and the cars and trucks too.

Lastly, from what I understand, Kubota is using a Subaru engine but Kubota is assuming all of Subaru's small engine manufacturing anyway so it is in essence a Kubota gasoline engine. What my dealer tells me anyway. Just so happens my dealer (owner) and I are personal friends. Not sure if my wife got a deal and she wasn't concerned. Friends do't screw friends out here in farm country anyway. Wife did the whole deal on a handshake and the delaler put it through Kubota credit. I guess it's 0 percent but no matter, it's an equipment write off for the farm anyway, just like tractors and implements. I will put my sprayer in the back and spray wit it if I can get it away from my wife....lol

I never bothered changing my screen name on here, When I first registered here I had a Kubota 5030 HSTC but it's long gone. I just left it as 5030. Maybe I should change it to DoubleM9???:D

/ UTV coming Thursday
When it arrives, I'll post up a picture or two. She had to order it. Wanted it in Kubota Orange and the dealer only had 2 in black. Like I said, not mine. Wife's toy. said she is going to cruise the 'neighborhood' and spy in the neighbors....

/ UTV coming Thursday #8  
When it arrives, I'll post up a picture or two. She had to order it. Wanted it in Kubota Orange and the dealer only had 2 in black. Like I said, not mine. Wife's toy. said she is going to cruise the 'neighborhood' and spy in the neighbors....
And coming home with new ideas. Good or bad.

/ UTV coming Thursday #9  
Very nice! I considered the 850 but after finding out there was no factory cab and the doors alone were $3000 I went with diesel. Mine is purely work (and for plowing) so it should be fine.

Factory cab will probably be on next years model....

/ UTV coming Thursday #10  
Good luck with the new machine, I had the x900 for 4 years, then got hooked on the gas model gator with air. Sounds like you have a good dealer to work with also, that is always a must have.