UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #1  

GE7EA

Tractor
Kioti 3510SE 2019
I am interested in getting some input from the world of knowledge on TBN. I have about 10 acres that we live on and manage. It's hilly for sure and I don't have a "work" truck I'm willing to use for my projects. I've recently retired an 2005 2WD sport trac wih 235k miles and my commuter is 2010 F150. I am considering the Kioti Mechron 2200 but would consider something comparable to it. The cost for the Mechron is 11,500. A little more than I wanted to spend but if it's a reliable as my tractor Kioti 3510SE then it'll be indispensable as well. Tell me what you think!!! please :)

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #2  
Had you not mentioned Mechron I'd have recommended it, esp since it can be had in green vs (gag) orange. I find mine to be more tractor-like than those the other fellas have for nearly twice the $$. Having just a roof & windshield vs a cab is a huge difference between using the EZ-GO with roof only in cold weather. (Brrr) IMO it's a great machine for the $$ and no regrets.

Caveats:
- I'm told it will do 25 mph but have never gone more than 20. (trailering the 60" ZTR OTR (anywhere) on a 6'x8' drive-on)
- It's a poor starter in many conditions if not warmed up or still warm. (thinking to add an extra/manual GP button/switch)
- The tailgate doesn't open flush with the bed unless the cables are disconnected and it's lowered further.
- Empty bed requires effort to lower against the gas rod 'assist'. (me 170 lbs)
- My knee bumps the light switch when climbing out. (I'm 6' 2")
Perks:
- Pulls like a tractor. Makes my 26hp CUT seem puny. Considerable payload.
- 2 range belt drive covers all uses I can imagine. No belt smell or wear observed when operating. (~200 hrs, but give me time)
- Tight turning circle and no tipping with heavy load in the bed. (anti-sway bars are beefy, springs & ride are a bit stiff.)
- Smooth running 3 cyl diesel w/easy access under the seat or thru a panel below. Relays etc under the hood.
- Excellent seats comfortable for three adults.
Comparing mine to:
- B's '19 Ranger Razor. ~$2k and no room for a toothbrush. (likely not being considered.)
- Neil's '17 4-seat Honda. >$2k and not very maneuverable.

I wouldn't trade my Mechron for all the pot farms in my county. It's just too good a 'tractor' & hauler to consider replacing it. Note also that my source is MIE in Morrice, MI, a 'Five-Paw' Kioti dealer that I've never had to rely on for anything but purchasing more stuff. I opted for no power steering and don't miss it once moving. I can always travel faster than terrain allows, but I can also go wherever I want to. Locking rear axle and limited-slip front diffy help that a lot unless in snow >4" deep.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #3  
My land's really steep. We had a beater Toyota 4x4 farm truck but it could only travel on roads and turning it in a small space was a chore. Now we have a Honda Pioneer 700. It can go many more places and with the power steering I added it turns tight too. The one drawback specific to the Pioneer is the locked rear end (no diff) which makes tires wear fast on pavement. It gets used to run down our paved driveway and private road quite a bit. I liked its transmission much more than CVT competitors but I'd look for one with a (locking) rear diff if I was going to do it again. The only advantages the Toyota has was being street legal and having a longer bed. But it wasn't a dump bed!

We resisted getting a SxS for 20 years, should have done it long ago.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE
I spoke with a fella yesterday about his experience with his Polaris Ranger 900. He said he wouldn't be concerned about it having a plastic bed. It doesn't feel quite right to me. If in 20 years I through some t post in the back, is it going to puncture the side???? Also I've heard that the Kawasaki Mule would be both fun and a work horse. I'm primarily concerned with the work horse aspect. Thoughts on either??

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #5  
Having used both HDPE and steel beds on UTV's, I prefer the plastic ones. JD also builds capable work UTV type machines.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #6  
We have a Massimo Buck 400 - Chinese made - assembled in TX.

It has been a real workhorse for us. No real problems in 3 years until I broke the windshield last week and have found I cannot get a replacement. So I will make my own.

We put 125 miles on it last year just running the trails on our property doing chores. I have been amazed at the work we can accomplish hauling wood, taking tools to the field, putting up hunting stands using the winch, taking the stands to the field, and so on.

Ain't the smoothest riding machine with its wonky Torque Converter but the price was right and we have beat on it.

Many will balk at Chinese made.. us too! Our business, our product gets cloned by the Chinese and we are not very happy with them. But, we need a machine to get around... the others were out of our price range so we were looking at used machines. We found the Massimo.. and are glad we did.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #8  
IMHO Kubota RTV is the best vehicle on hilly terrain with its hydro tranny verses a CVT tranny.I have owned golf carts 2004 Kawaski mule 4010 4X4 and 2006 Kubota RTV 900 and just purchased 2021 Kubota RTV 1100.Where I live is somewhat hilly terrain.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #10  
Do tell us why CVT trannys are bad on hills....
I did NOT say CVT trannys were bad hills.My point was hydrostatic braking is better on hills.What else you got there EH?If your looking for a fight go to mesick mi. to the local tavern