Used Cab: L5740 vs. L6060

/ Used Cab: L5740 vs. L6060
Fuel caddy is good for mobility. I went with an elevated tank, around here used farm tanks go for less than a dollar a gallon.

So I've decided to go with a 5740. I think I'd be real happy with a Tier 4 machine, but I just keep looking at those hydraulic hoses on the L6060, I don't think I'm careful enough, especially the 3rd function hanging on the bottom. Bad enough to have to watch the cab, I can't even count how many times I've rubbed my ROPS on branches.

/ Used Cab: L5740 vs. L6060 #12  
I have a L4240 HSTC;just a little smaller than the L5740 HSTC;purchased new and currently have 1,000 hours on it.I do the normal food plot,brush-hogging and snow removal with a FEL mounted plow.More than satisfied with my tractor.

/ Used Cab: L5740 vs. L6060 #13  
FatTire, I was in complete sympathy with you and no cab when I saw you photo with the V plow. If you are like me, as you get older, sitting out exposed in a blizzard is getting tougher to enjoy. On the other hand, I was in the woods last week, getting some big red oak sections, and a cab would have been not good. So far this winter here in Northern Maryland, zip snow. Could change, of course, but for now, it's firewood time.

/ Used Cab: L5740 vs. L6060
FatTire, I was in complete sympathy with you and no cab when I saw you photo with the V plow. If you are like me, as you get older, sitting out exposed in a blizzard is getting tougher to enjoy. On the other hand, I was in the woods last week, getting some big red oak sections, and a cab would have been not good. So far this winter here in Northern Maryland, zip snow. Could change, of course, but for now, it's firewood time.

The final straw was one snowy late afternoon couple weeks ago when our neighbor picked up a young guy who had walked out from the edge of the National Forest after getting his truck stuck. It was just getting dark when they pulled up in the neighbor's truck to ask me for help. I took the MX5100 up to pull him out, I thought it would be quick and easy, and only 2+ miles away. By the time I got ready to go and the tractor warmed up it was absolutely dumping snow. I arrived at his truck in near darkness, it took a little while to see how best to attach a strap (this truck had NOTHING good to tie to) and a fairly long pull to get him back on the packed road. Then he tells me he sure wish he had some cash, he thought he had some, but didn't. (He actually seemed sincere, who knows?) By the time I got home it had snowed 2 inches (in less than an hour, if you can picture that) and I was pretty cold, and my thighs were wet through my "water resistant" bibs. Since a big wind storm on Dec. 25 I had been getting pretty serious about a cab, but that night I decided it is time.

/ Used Cab: L5740 vs. L6060 #15  
I know yur MX5100 roads faster than my L3400, but two miles would be a major haul. The young guy should have taken your name and address and sent something in return. Bad manners. On the other hand, your Karma got bumped up several degrees, so maybe it's a wash. Glad you didn't get pneumonia, just a cabbed tractor!

I bought a pair of waterproof pants in Aberdeen Scotland, at a supply store for oil rig workers, and they are waterproof- water resistant doesn't cut it. I imagine North Sea oil rigs can be a much nastier place than a blizzard in Maryland, but they don't make it fun.