USAA vs KTAC

/ USAA vs KTAC #1  

Megawisdumb

Bronze Member
Tractor
LX2610HSD, Z251, BX25D
I acquired a new LX2610HSD today and used USAA for insurance instead of KTAC. When I called the USAA farm/tractor number they told me the policy was underwritten by Travelers. The LX with BH,grapple,mmm and other implements was $42k; the policy was $525 annually and covered inland marine (transport) and damage on other properties. The KTAC was $710 annually. The dealer needed a Kubota insurance verification form filled out (attached) before they could finish the transaction. I put a large portion down so financing the insurance was not a big factor and if I exit my other property my regular USAA homeowners will cover me on my homestead property. I don't doubt KTAC may ask fewer questions if I drive one into a lake on week one but other options do exist. On my BX I didn't do my homework prior and didn't think I had an option with financing. I've never filed a claim with KTAC, Travelers or USAA so I may be the village idiot. Just sharing info...

USAA Tractor / Farm link

Attachments

• KTAC.pdf
    236.2 KB · Views: 66
   / USAA vs KTAC #2  
It’s good info
I went with Ktac on my new tractor for the convenience
I’ve never filed a claim with them, but I’ve only heard good things.
But it’s obviously a money maker for Kubota or they wouldn’t offer it

/ USAA vs KTAC #3  
My tractor will be paid off this summer. I'll be needing insurance, Thanks for the info

/ USAA vs KTAC #4  
When I got my M4 travelers was less than half of what KTAC was charging. I originally was using KTAC but canceled it and all it needed was the same form. Pretty painless.

/ USAA vs KTAC #5  
Good info. One of the bits of misinformation that floats around here sometimes is that Kubota (or anyone) requires you buy 'their' insurance. That would be illegal. They can require your asset is covered by insurance while there is a lien, but not which company underwrites the policy. If your dealer tries to tell you that, call him on his BS.