US versus Canadian Pricing

/ US versus Canadian Pricing
Used to go snow machining in northern Ontario years ago and always had an issue with your money. You have 'loonies and toonies and funny coins up there and I have a jar full of that stuff somewhere. Your paper moeny is strange too. I remember people up there always wanted FRN's in payment but never gave the exchange rate so I always stopped and got a wad of your funny money at a local Canadian bank. Problem was, always exchanging it down here at a bank.. They didn't want it so I always tried to spend all of it.
Ya, lots of businesses up here don't even want to give exchange on the money.
They like the dollars that are worth something, LOL

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #13  
So curious what people know about this.

What other fees are involved other than the exchange rate on the dollar?
We'll use the new L2502 for an example.
In the USA it's MSRP is $15, 700.
Convert that to Canadian dollars and it's $21,348.
Sow how does Kubota Canada come up with $27,751???
These prices are without loader and any taxes.

Is our weak minded leader of Can't-a-da putting that much duty on stuff coming into the country? Or is it simply price gouging?

My dealer says " I'm guessing that the msrp price that Kubota USA is advertising does not include freight, set up pdi, admin fees or tires but that is just a guess. There is something fishy there as we are still selling units to the USA"

Picture paying that for a little L2502 here in Soviet Canukistan.......$27,751, plus 7 (but probably 10 grand by now) for the loader, plus 13% tax on top of all of that.
I’m afraid you are wrong about the price. (Looks like you were mistakenly pricing a L2501 in the US.)

Here is the correct quote, directly from the Kubota, USA website:

0441C9D3-26F4-47DF-9F40-4B18B248C45A.png

And here is the (rough) translation into Canadian Dollars:

41266480-EF84-401F-B4CA-93AB8926940D.png

So, the L2502 is actually $3,000 or so cheaper in Canada!😯

As to your Comments about Canada, take them elsewhere. This is not a political forum.

Last edited:
   / US versus Canadian Pricing
This is what I had saw on USA sight. Maybe it is the old series.

I still see new tractors selling way cheaper in the US than Canada.....shown in Canadian funds.

See that's why I posted here.....obviously I was missing something and you found it.
I forgot about the build and price on the US site.

Attachments

• L.PNG
    L.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: