US versus Canadian Pricing

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
So curious what people know about this.

What other fees are involved other than the exchange rate on the dollar?
We'll use the new L2502 for an example.
In the USA it's MSRP is $15, 700.
Convert that to Canadian dollars and it's $21,348.
Sow how does Kubota Canada come up with $27,751???
These prices are without loader and any taxes.

Is our weak minded leader of Can't-a-da putting that much duty on stuff coming into the country? Or is it simply price gouging?

My dealer says " I'm guessing that the msrp price that Kubota USA is advertising does not include freight, set up pdi, admin fees or tires but that is just a guess. There is something fishy there as we are still selling units to the USA"

Picture paying that for a little L2502 here in Soviet Canukistan.......$27,751, plus 7 (but probably 10 grand by now) for the loader, plus 13% tax on top of all of that.

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #2  
Or is it simply price gouging
That would be my guess. It's 95% of everything we buy in Canadastan, no rhyme or reason other than gouging or supporting our 'free' health care (when you can get it :) )
I've even see things made in Canada that cost less in the US, so much for free trade.

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #3  
I am looking at a NH T6050 in Canadastan now. It’s priced pretty good, but exchange rates are also pretty good for US buyers.
The border fees are a scam, but everyone has to get their hand in the cookie jar. Last Canadian tractor I bought last summer cost me $1900 in fees and BS to get here.

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #4  
We (canadian) got the short hand of the stick during the last Canada- United States-Mexico Agreement, that might has something to do with it... and most time you are not comparing apple to apple the $21,348 might be off the crate price sort of speak, no oil and no fuel or so basic that they don't even have that tractor at that price, its often a tactic to get people through the door.

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #5  
Any of you near Cashtown Farms in Stayner, ON?

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #6  
So curious what people know about this.

What other fees are involved other than the exchange rate on the dollar?
We'll use the new L2502 for an example.
In the USA it's MSRP is $15, 700.
Convert that to Canadian dollars and it's $21,348.
Sow how does Kubota Canada come up with $27,751???
These prices are without loader and any taxes.

Is our weak minded leader of Can't-a-da putting that much duty on stuff coming into the country? Or is it simply price gouging?

My dealer says " I'm guessing that the msrp price that Kubota USA is advertising does not include freight, set up pdi, admin fees or tires but that is just a guess. There is something fishy there as we are still selling units to the USA"

Picture paying that for a little L2502 here in Soviet Canukistan.......$27,751, plus 7 (but probably 10 grand by now) for the loader, plus 13% tax on top of all of that.
For a while you could buy a Toyota Corolla manufactured at the Cambridge Ontario plant cheaper in Hawaii than you could in a Cambridge Ontario dealership

/ US versus Canadian Pricing
No sorry Hay Dude. I'm in northern Ontario.

/ US versus Canadian Pricing #8  
Used to go snow machining in northern Ontario years ago and always had an issue with your money. You have 'loonies and toonies and funny coins up there and I have a jar full of that stuff somewhere. Your paper moeny is strange too. I remember people up there always wanted FRN's in payment but never gave the exchange rate so I always stopped and got a wad of your funny money at a local Canadian bank. Problem was, always exchanging it down here at a bank.. They didn't want it so I always tried to spend all of it.