Unhappy with X575, etc. ?

/ Unhappy with X575, etc. ?
Thanks robertm and others ! You may have pushed me closer to real tractor land. I'm happy w/ the lawn tractor I have (Kubota TG1860) and probably better off to keep mowing with it and get a larger unit for the heavier application 3 pt. hitch, etc. and not terribly much more out of pocket expense.

/ Unhappy with X575, etc. ? #12  
If you have an TG1860 now I would not even consider a Cub or X-series tractor. The TG is a rather capable mower for its class and I think you would be disappointed to find that you can't do much more than you can now.

/ Unhappy with X575, etc. ?
Thanks Neil for helping confirm that to a tractor greenhorn ! Yes the TG w/ diesel does a great job mowing, but with no diff. lock, 3 pt., etc. mowing is about all I can use it for. Just another good reason for TAS (Tractor Acquisition Syndrome - acronym borrowed from other uses LOL !)

/ Unhappy with X575, etc. ? #14  
I am looking hard at the X595. Mowing is not my main reason although I will use it for that. I only mow about 1 acre with the potential to double that if I clear a steep adjacent lot. My main reason for going with the X series is snow removal. I will use the 595 with a 47" 2 stage snow blower as we get over 80" in an average winter (over 200" last year).

I will also use it to remove leaves from my yard with the 3 bag catcher. I would consider the 2210, but it does not have a leaf collection system which can be quickly attached that I am aware of. I don't particularly want a bagger that has another engine.

I don't plan on using a FEL or anything that would sway me toward the 2210, if I did then the 2210 would be the best chioce. I guess that I'm part of the group that JD targeted with the X series.

/ Unhappy with X575, etc. ? #15  
I have a 2210 on 3.5 acres, a 200 ft driveway. The power of this machine for serious loader work (with proper counterweight) is phenominal. I suspect the capacity is under rated by the mfr. I have a 72" rb1072 Frontier back blade.(i'd recommend the 60" blade) which is handles well. It's a good value for about the same price as the X595. However I think for anything smaller than my 3.5 acres I might enjoy the X595 esp with the special edition seat. What the other guy said about the ROPS and low tree branches is right, but I trimmed my trees accordingly.

/ Unhappy with X575, etc. ? #16  
a BX 2230 would be nice

/ Unhappy with X575, etc. ? #17  
after reading a few of the posts - the 2210 is a GREAT machine, and i feel that you an I are in the same boat - i too have 2 acres, and 80% of the time will be mowing.... i too have a long drive way...... 1/8 mile private road with no winter maintance then driveway of 200'..... all this sits on the beaches of Lake Erie PA...... i looked at the 2210 and all its possibilities.... went to my local dealer and found the 4010 - a little larger machine, higher ground clearance, LESS Horsepower/Torque, higer lift capacity..... a little more versatile in those uncommon situations..... my local dealer quoted me a price on the 2210 and 4010 both with the same options fitted for each machine - FEL, 2 stage snow slinger/blower/remover/see it fly, Frontier 3PH mower side discharge...... the 4010 was about 3bills less.

Now that may be my local dealers price, but you have too loot at both machines...

I know the less HP/T can be i hinder, but it is a bit larger machine and can be more apt in different situations - you have to consider your long term future goals - new buildings, pond, landscape, new business, and if a larger machine would foot the bill

hey but is just my opinion - take it for whats it worth - grain of salt.