Ugggg Truck problems

/ Ugggg Truck problems #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
So I have been a Ford guy since about 2003.. Had probably 15 of them or more. Currently have 3 of them. I bought a 2020 F450 Limited to use primarily for towing a 19K pound 5th wheel and occasional other towing needs. Went out this am to hook up a trailer and the wrench light came on.. Then the truck wouldn't move in drive or reverse... I shut the truck off and restarted it, Could then move it in Drive as well as reverse.. But the wrench light came right back on.. Off to the inter web I go and apparently the 10 speed transmission is a problem child in these trucks.. Have an appointment this week at the dealer to look at it. Truck has 15k miles on it so its under warranty.. Hopefully its a simple fix and does not tie up the rig long... Its supposed to be pulling our camper to Fla next month..

/ Ugggg Truck problems #2  
Did you buy this new or used? Hopefully it's a simple fix and not require a bunch of parts. The strike still has the parts stuff backed up. Sounds like you also need to invest in a code reader for your truck. May give you some better insight to what may be wrong. I've got a good reader setup for my Ram diesel. Saved my butt many times! Good luck you'll get to pull the camper next month.

/ Ugggg Truck problems
Did you buy this new or used? Hopefully it's a simple fix and not require a bunch of parts. The strike still has the parts stuff backed up. Sounds like you also need to invest in a code reader for your truck. May give you some better insight to what may be wrong. I've got a good reader setup for my Ram diesel. Saved my butt many times! Good luck you'll get to pull the camper next month.
I bought it "used" about 2 years ago with 800 miles on it. The previous owner traded it for a black one to match his car trailer.

/ Ugggg Truck problems #4  
So I have been a Ford guy since about 2003.. Had probably 15 of them or more. Currently have 3 of them. I bought a 2020 F450 Limited to use primarily for towing a 19K pound 5th wheel and occasional other towing needs. Went out this am to hook up a trailer and the wrench light came on.. Then the truck wouldn't move in drive or reverse... I shut the truck off and restarted it, Could then move it in Drive as well as reverse.. But the wrench light came right back on.. Off to the inter web I go and apparently the 10 speed transmission is a problem child in these trucks.. Have an appointment this week at the dealer to look at it. Truck has 15k miles on it so its under warranty.. Hopefully its a simple fix and does not tie up the rig long... Its supposed to be pulling our camper to Fla next month..

Good luck. I haven’t had any wrench lights yet, but I know my day is coming.

/ Ugggg Truck problems #5  
Boston. hauling in city? good luck w/repair, regards

/ Ugggg Truck problems #6  
That's something else, to pay that much for a machine that's built to do one thing and do it real good, and it can't manage it due to reliability issues at 15k miles.

I'm under the impression all the truck manufacturers have been having issues since, roughly, COVID.

/ Ugggg Truck problems #8  
Friend of mine had an issue with his F550, dealer said it was due to his undercoating seeping into an electrical plug over the fuel tank !

/ Ugggg Truck problems
Boston. hauling in city? good luck w/repair, regards
Im about 40 miles south of the city. Don't often drag a trailer into the city.. But on occasion, I have to bring a scissor lift in and use that truck to do so.

/ Ugggg Truck problems
That's something else, to pay that much for a machine that's built to do one thing and do it real good, and it can't manage it due to reliability issues at 15k miles.

I'm under the impression all the truck manufacturers have been having issues since, roughly, COVID.
Could be.