TYM warning light

/ TYM warning light #1  

justaguyinga

Tractor
Cabela's LM55H (TYM T554 HST)
Posted this on another thread before I realized there was a TYM specific forum. This is on a Cabela's LM55H which, when I bought it in 2016, was equivalent to the T554hst. Responses I have received so far are oil pressure light per page 40 of the T554 manual, but this light does not look like the oil light exactly. I assumed it meant add oil, but I have done an oil change and the dipstick indicates oil level is at the top of operating range. Just curious if anyone else has received this warning light and what was the resolution.
warning light.jpg

/ TYM warning light #2  
Looks like the symbol is an arrow pointed up with a + under it.

This kind of tells me that the tractor is asking for you to increase the RPMs so it can perform a regen process. Have you tried to get it up to temp, then increase the RPMs to around 2500 and go down the road in the highest gear?

/ TYM warning light
PTSG,

Thanks for the quick reply. I agree with your assessment of the symbol being a "+" sign with an arrow pointing up which is why I thought it was some sort of low fluid level indicator. Most people who have replied to my other post think it is the oil/engine check warning light, but they are two completely different symbols. Here is what they posted from the manual:
dash pic.jpg

One person suggested they are the same symbol, but that potentially the "display cannot render a perfect exclamation mark using little square boxes". The light is in the same position in the cluster as the engine warning light which would lead one to believe that may be what it could be.

I guess I would have expected some sort of regen symbol if it were a regen warning. I have had this tractor for 5 years and 380 hours and this is the first time this light has come on. I have gotten a regen light a few times, but never this particular light.

Unfortunately, I can't find anyone who knows exactly what the symbol is and TYM's manuals are generic manuals that cover multiple models. I am a bit hesitant to rev up the RPMs if it is an oil or check engine light. I plan on calling a couple dealers later this morning (closest one is 3 hours away!) to see if I can get some information and potentially schedule a service appointment.

/ TYM warning light #4  
The display not being able to render the exclamation mark does make sense to me.

I did found the thread on the other forum about the same thing, which you're participating there as well.

Unfortunately, with these common rails engines, it can be so much stuff. From a simple bad wire, to bad actuators or sensor anywhere. So it's very hard to get to a proper conclusion, specially without any service manual as well.

I wonder if it's just one plug on the engine wiring harness that it's not fully seated or something?

/ TYM warning light
Thing is, tractor worked just fine one day, light duty a using box blade to level a gravel driveway. Next time I started it I got this light. Tractor also seems to have lost some power which could be caused by multiple things.

Just spoke with a TYM dealer 3 hours away and he said their mechanic retired, and it is like pulling teeth to get TYM service on the phone. Everything is handled by emailing back and forth over days. Pretty frustrating.

/ TYM warning light #6  
High oil pressure? The base symbol is for engine. So, in my mind something is too high.

Last edited:
   / TYM warning light #7  
PTSG,

Thanks for the quick reply. I agree with your assessment of the symbol being a "+" sign with an arrow pointing up which is why I thought it was some sort of low fluid level indicator. Most people who have replied to my other post think it is the oil/engine check warning light, but they are two completely different symbols. Here is what they posted from the manual:
View attachment 716821
One person suggested they are the same symbol, but that potentially the "display cannot render a perfect exclamation mark using little square boxes". The light is in the same position in the cluster as the engine warning light which would lead one to believe that may be what it could be.

I guess I would have expected some sort of regen symbol if it were a regen warning. I have had this tractor for 5 years and 380 hours and this is the first time this light has come on. I have gotten a regen light a few times, but never this particular light.

Unfortunately, I can't find anyone who knows exactly what the symbol is and TYM's manuals are generic manuals that cover multiple models. I am a bit hesitant to rev up the RPMs if it is an oil or check engine light. I plan on calling a couple dealers later this morning (closest one is 3 hours away!) to see if I can get some information and potentially schedule a service appointment.
I'm wondering if anyone found out what this warning light with the exclamation point is? I'm new to the forum and now have this same issue. Any follow ups would be appreciated. Thx.

/ TYM warning light #8  
Could be a bad oil pressure sensor unit. On any other vehicle i usually pull the sensor and install an oil pressure gauge and compare reading to specs. I have no idea if tym sensors are normally open or normally closed units.

/ TYM warning light #9  
Posted this on another thread before I realized there was a TYM specific forum. This is on a Cabela's LM55H which, when I bought it in 2016, was equivalent to the T554hst. Responses I have received so far are oil pressure light per page 40 of the T554 manual, but this light does not look like the oil light exactly. I assumed it meant add oil, but I have done an oil change and the dipstick indicates oil level is at the top of operating range. Just curious if anyone else has received this warning light and what was the resolution.
View attachment 716819
On my T394 it comes on when a warning indicator light on the left side comes on, they are very dim and this helps draw attention to it. It should be called the "Check Engine Warning Indicators" icon. In my case the radiator was clogged with seed fluff and the water temperature warning indicator was on. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.