TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #141  
I think the point is one of the things some people tout about JD is that it is American. That is just marketing more than reality. As you said, many of these companies are multinational. My personal only issues with JD is that they are significantly overpriced and my dealership experience has been woefully poor.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #142  
Deere is American...just like Ford, GM, Boeing and others...many others.
Just like Toyota and Honda are Japanese, even though they have assembly plants in the US.
I like Deere...had 'em for 20+ years, but before I bought the 4052, I looked at both RK (glad I passed on that brand!!) and Kioti (almost went for that, a used tractor, until I found that, although it was advertised as a 2011, the actual year of manufacture/importation, was 2001 (serial number check)
I like Deere since there's a number of local dealers, great parts availability and they've been very reliable.
I don't bash other brands (not even RK) just because they're other brands...

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #143  
Just like Ford, GM, General Electric Aviation, Boeing...hundreds of others...including other US Tractor manufacturers...
This has been American manufacturing since, at least, WW II.
As I'd written in a previous post, I work for an aerospace supplier to the OEMs
Edit: This doesn't just apply to American OEM's, BTW. I'd wager most large OEMs (US and world-wide) are multi-national and their supply chains are world wide as well.
Gotta get used to modern manufacturing, folks...

So, what's your point other than not liking John Deere?
See post #118 and #125.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #144  
I think the point is one of the things some people tout about JD is that it is American. That is just marketing more than reality. As you said, many of these companies are multinational. My personal only issues with JD is that they are significantly overpriced and my dealership experience has been woefully poor.
In '07 I was in the market for a CUT and was looking hard at JD, specifically the 4520. The dealership experience left a bad taste in my mouth so I bought a MF 1540.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #145  
Neighbor arrived in 2016 and wanted a new JD tractor. I put them onto a 4052 to fit their requirements as a favor since they were urbanites and didn't know what they needed. I did so because JD has the field maintenance program...about $375 plus parts per year she said and they are doctors with clean finger nails. That's the only reason.

Their fuel tank filler is on top of the left rear fender. They refill their low usage with 5 gallon cans of diesel. To do that they have to get up on a step ladder.......my Branson, Ford, and LS tractors can be filled easily standing on the ground...to name another reason. Another is that the QD FEL device fits JD Implements. My Branson and LS with loaders are equipped with Skid Steer dimensions and I can buy implements everywhere at reasonable prices.

Just my perspective as I see it. Others have theirs per their perspectives.

Oh man I forgot about the 4052 and the high fender refuel.

That was the other major no go besides the door seals falling off on the lot for me and my wife who has a bad back.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #146  
Oh man I forgot about the 4052 and the high fender refuel.
My 4520 had the filler just aft of the engine firewall/hood...other than lifting it to the hood, I just rested the fuel can on the hood.
The pump I linked to in a previous post helps out a lot, but the hose won't reach from the ground to the filler. I rest the fuel can on my truck's tailgate....no problem.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #147  
My 4520 had the filler just aft of the engine firewall/hood...other than lifting it to the hood, I just rested the fuel can on the hood.
The pump I linked to in a previous post helps out a lot, but the hose won't reach from the ground to the filler. I rest the fuel can on my truck's tailgate....no problem.

Setting it on the hood wasn’t too bad on my JD1120.

But that high fender stuff, with a cab is hilariously bad.

It’s nice to just be able to walk up and fill the tank with a cab from the ground..
It also makes gravity bulk tanks less ridiculous to put together as they can be lower if needed.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #148  
On my MX5800, the fuel fill was in the middle of the hood. It didn't take me long to buy a 50 gallon drum, 12v Pump, and battery. I put it all on a pallet so I could place it in my truck to go fill it up when needed. It cost me around $450 all in, but I feel like I made that back so fast in the ease of use and being able to buy offroad diesel in a bit more bulk. Less trips to town and no longer filling 3 or 4 5 gallon cans at a time. Yes, it's a bit of money, but if you use your tractor much it will pay for itself in a short amount of time. I just now pull up to it, connect and turn on the pump and be done in a few minutes.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #149  
JD Guy will always talk about resale value. Got to say something to Justify spending the extra 48%. TYM now owns Branson, they sell tractors to Mahindra and Rural King. TYM is the largest tractor manufacture in Korea. And if I remember both use a Yanmar engine. Green Tax is high.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #150  
Not sure TYM is the largest tractor manufacturer in Korea.

Korea’s tractor and farm machinery maker envisions smart mobility firm

"
Daedong Industrial Co., South Korea’s leading tractor and farm machinery maker, aims to transform into a smart mobility company, applying autonomous driving and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to its mechanized farming equipment.

It is working to gain ground in North America, the world’s largest agricultural machinery market, dominated by bigger rivals such as Deere & Co., which makes farming machines under the brand of John Deere, and Japan's Kubota Tractor Corp."