TYM T-700 stump removal

/ TYM T-700 stump removal
I won't tell you what I paid for mine then but if you lived close, I'd have let you borrow it. It's basically indestructable and it's actually fun to use.
I don't wanna know lol. I wouldn't borrow it, I would be too worried that I would break it-even if I couldn't break it.

/ TYM T-700 stump removal #12  
I for sure don't want to mess the loader up.
I rarely use the front end loader for anything but bucket work and loading round bales (I have a bolt in the bucket floor hay spear) but I also have a couple buckets that will interchange on both the tractors. One is a light duty material bucket, the other is a heavy duty excavation bucket with a double floor and reinforced cutting lip. That is the one I have the spear on. A light duty bucket with a spear lifting 1000 pound bales or a set of clamp on bucket forks will pretty quickly put a 'smile' in the bucket floor and render the bucket basically nit useable. I've repaired a few already and it's pretty involved because you have to cut the floor away from the sided of the bucket before straightening it as putting a 'smile' in the bucket floor, also pulls the bucket side sheets inward so the have to be cut away first and then reweled once the 'smile' is removed.

In extreme cases, the 'smile' will also crack the welds on the side sheets, depending on how acute the smile is.

When I popped the trees, I always used the drawbar and put a canvas tarp over the chain so if it let go, it wouldn't turn into a missile.

I rarely use the front end loader for anything but bucket work and loading round bales (I have a bolt in the bucket floor hay spear) but I also have a couple buckets that will interchange on both the tractors. One is a light duty material bucket, the other is a heavy duty excavation bucket with a double floor and reinforced cutting lip. That is the one I have the spear on. A light duty bucket with a spear lifting 1000 pound bales or a set of clamp on bucket forks will pretty quickly put a 'smile' in the bucket floor and render the bucket basically nit useable. I've repaired a few already and it's pretty involved because you have to cut the floor away from the sided of the bucket before straightening it as putting a 'smile' in the bucket floor, also pulls the bucket side sheets inward so the have to be cut away first and then reweled once the 'smile' is removed.

In extreme cases, the 'smile' will also crack the welds on the side sheets, depending on how acute the smile is.

When I popped the trees, I always used the drawbar and put a canvas tarp over the chain so if it let go, it wouldn't turn into a missile.
I like the idea of pulling them over instead of pushing them! I will give it a try with the blanket on the chain of course. Thanks for the idea.

/ TYM T-700 stump removal #14  
I like the idea of pulling them over instead of pushing them! I will give it a try with the blanket on the chain of course. Thanks for the idea.
You won't pull a monster over but with me, anything under a foot diameter trunk is doable in front wheel assist and I always have a helper with me to watch to make sure nothing goes wrong and you need to have a long enough chain to where, when it comes out, the trunk don't hit your tractor. Using the drawbar instead of the loader removes all strain and possible breakage and that is what the drawbar is for anyway. My M9's are pretty heavy to begin with, not sure of the exact weight but both run cast center rear wheels and I'd not want either one to run over my foot either.

Hot diggety, that T700 came to use in many glorious ways for you there.
Yes sir, I am getting some use out of it. Lots more to do and winter is coming. Looking forward to being warm this winter. Thanks for the reply!

You won't pull a monster over but with me, anything under a foot diameter trunk is doable in front wheel assist and I always have a helper with me to watch to make sure nothing goes wrong and you need to have a long enough chain to where, when it comes out, the trunk don't hit your tractor. Using the drawbar instead of the loader removes all strain and possible breakage and that is what the drawbar is for anyway. My M9's are pretty heavy to begin with, not sure of the exact weight but both run cast center rear wheels and I'd not want either one to run over my foot either.
Thanks for the pointers! I should have 50ft or so of logging chain to use so should be able to keep the stums at bay.

Here are a some more pics of the stumps I tore out yesterday and then grabbed with the grapple to put on the burn pile. I will be making a short video of a tear out in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG20231111132637.jpg
    IMG20231111132637.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG20231111133208.jpg
    IMG20231111133208.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG20231111133243.jpg
    IMG20231111133243.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG20231111133239.jpg
    IMG20231111133239.jpg