TYM T-700 stump removal

/ TYM T-700 stump removal #1  

blitzen

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 TYM T700
Hi, I want to stop in and give an update on my new to me TYM T-700. I have put 21 hours on the clock in the last 12 days it has run my 8.5' Matthews company flail mower, cleaned up 26 trees from the storm damage we had back on the 24th of August using my chainsaw and the grapple bucket., most recently-today I removed 12 stumps in about an hour and a half. I am well pleased with the quality of my stump bucket. There was a small learning curve and I adapted fairly quickly. This tractor has lots of torque and with its weight-approximately 8600 pounds with loader I can run just above idle 1200 rpm in low or put in creeper and after severing the roots I have been able to move the stump out of its hole.
IMG20230929144513.jpg
IMG20230929143546.jpg
IMG20230929144528.jpg

/ TYM T-700 stump removal #2  
That stump bucket looks right at home! Good to see you're enjoying your new toy tractor.

/ TYM T-700 stump removal
I wanted to post a quick update. I have put 37 hours on the clock in the last 25 days I have more stumps to tear out and more logs to cut u and fetch with this TYM T-700. Here is a pic of a log I grabbed yesterday Approximately 1 mile round trip and I made 6 trips.

Attachments

• IMG20231006114046.jpg
    IMG20231006114046.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 66
So, I had a couple minutes today and tore a large stump out that I started to work on a couple days ago. I am going to try to video the next stump I tear out. Here are some pics cause I know you guys like pics. It doesn't take long and everything is wet.

Attachments

• IMG20231007134616.jpg
    IMG20231007134616.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG20231007134507.jpg
    IMG20231007134507.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG20231007134538.jpg
    IMG20231007134538.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 67
   / TYM T-700 stump removal #6  
My question is: what do you do with them after you tear them out? Why I like my stump grinder. It leaves no holes to fill in and no stump to deal with either.

My question is: what do you do with them after you tear them out? Why I like my stump grinder. It leaves no holes to fill in and no stump to deal with either.
I have a big brush pile that I am going to burn I will start in the morning and as it burns I will drop the stumps on the pile when I am done burning I will till the ash into into the ground. I am going to get 40-60 yards of compost and I will work that into the same area. I will be growing vegetables in that area. I also like to plant pumpkins and then we invite family and friends out with their children and let them go pick their pumpkins. I agree that a stump grinder would be way better to use but I can't really see spending that much money on one. Even used ones they want 3000-3500.00. With the way prices have gotten out of control on pretty much everything, I can't bring myself to buy one. If I would of had my thinking cap on I should of checked to see how much it would cost to rent a stump grinder. Thanks for asking!

Dave

/ TYM T-700 stump removal #8  
I literally pulled a couple out of the ground (and left a large hole I had to fill in) with one of my M9 Kubota's in the past, the farm is on sandy loam so if we get a lot of rain, it's pretty easy to pop them out. I'd cut them with about 8 feet of trunk sticking up, hook a heavy chain near the top of the upright trunk, put the tractor in FWA in low range and pop them right out (really the only time I use FWA other than when plowing and blowing snow as we live 2 miles from the pavement so if we get a bad snow, the only way we can get out is plow and blow my way out...

Anyway, after leaving some pretty big holes I had to fill in, when I bought the stump grinder so no more holes and.. For some reason, burning stumps isn't kike burning branches and brush. In my case they don't want to burn readily. Actually took me a couple brush burns to consume them and I'm a closet pyro anyway.

Kind of looking forward to winter and snow,. now I'm retired because I don't have to go anywhere so I think I'll leave the blower and the plow in the barn this winter and stay home and toast my tootsies in front of the wood stove instead.

Have fun and don't screw up your front loader. Looking at your pictures, I have to assume that attachment puts a lot of strain on the loader.

I literally pulled a couple out of the ground (and left a large hole I had to fill in) with one of my M9 Kubota's in the past, the farm is on sandy loam so if we get a lot of rain, it's pretty easy to pop them out. I'd cut them with about 8 feet of trunk sticking up, hook a heavy chain near the top of the upright trunk, put the tractor in FWA in low range and pop them right out (really the only time I use FWA other than when plowing and blowing snow as we live 2 miles from the pavement so if we get a bad snow, the only way we can get out is plow and blow my way out...

Anyway, after leaving some pretty big holes I had to fill in, when I bought the stump grinder so no more holes and.. For some reason, burning stumps isn't kike burning branches and brush. In my case they don't want to burn readily. Actually took me a couple brush burns to consume them and I'm a closet pyro anyway.

Kind of looking forward to winter and snow,. now I'm retired because I don't have to go anywhere so I think I'll leave the blower and the plow in the barn this winter and stay home and toast my tootsies in front of the wood stove instead.

Have fun and don't screw up your front loader. Looking at your pictures, I have to assume that attachment puts a lot of strain on the loader.
I like the idea of leaving a bigger stump-more leverage! It definitely puts stress on the loader. I am going to try and make a video tearing out a set of stumps so I can see what's going on up front. I for sure don't want to mess the loader up.