TYM Scorpion T300

/ TYM Scorpion T300 #1  

brylewis

Anyone had trouble with a mid-PTO on at T300 HST? I had it to the dealer last spring and they put a "heavier" gearbox on it. Now I was blowing snow and it quit again...similar to the way it quit before. Any ideas/suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

/ TYM Scorpion T300 #2  
Is there a sheer bolt on your blowers drive train. If not it may be putting to much stress on the gear box making it fail. That is one thing to check.

/ TYM Scorpion T300
Yes, there is a shear bolt on the main drive line and on each of the augers bringing the snow into the blower. Neither of the three show any excessive stress or any indication of shearing off. Any other suggestions?

Again thanks for any input!

/ TYM Scorpion T300
After dropping the mid PTO gear-box, there is some thin (1/4", maybe less) casting that holds the shaft and gears to slide in and out to engage the mid PTO. This casting is in three pieces and looks very light. I don't know that any shear pin, unless it was something soft, like lead, would save this. But then you would always be replacing shear pins...kind of a poor design. The machine is really nice otherwise, but the way they designed this gear box, I would say that the mid-PTO is pretty much not usable if you really want to work this tractor. Has anyone seen a more durable cure? I would venture to guess that most people don't use this mid-PTO for anything other than a belly mower and I would say they are few and far between. I have a front-mount snowblower on this one and now I'm back to using the old Allis-Chalmers loader tractor.

If anyone has seen anything better for a design on that mid-PTO, I would be happy to take a look at it.

Thanks again for anyone's assistance.