TX1510 Towing capacity

/ TX1510 Towing capacity #1  

ballaterach

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TX1510
Hi Folks what sort of weight will my TX1510 tow? May need to haul water in an IBC Tank from our Burn (stream) due to reduced spring supply in this hot weather and want to be safe.....

/ TX1510 Towing capacity #2  
I had a Kubota B7000 a couple years ago, which is essentially the equivalent to the Iseki and used to pull more than it should. I believe these smaller tractors get something like 1500 KGs of towing capacity with brakes trailers.

I say you won't have a problem pulling the weight. However, get some decent tongue weight on the tractor so the rear tires will bite and if you don't have a loader, get some front weights as the front will get light. Also, if this is mainly on dirt, clay, etc, keep it in 4x4 so the front axle helps pulling and braking as well. Specially if it's hilly ground.

This is pulling a 1600 Kgs tractor, plus mower and trailer. Way more than it should for sure.

HPIM4885.JPG

/ TX1510 Towing capacity #3  
Hi Folks what sort of weight will my TX1510 tow? May need to haul water in an IBC Tank from our Burn (stream) due to reduced spring supply in this hot weather and want to be safe.....

have a read, gross 1500kg unbraked if the information can be considered as correct, where they got that info I have no idea, mind you depending on your terrain "if its on its gone" as the saying goes. obviously if your in about the hills of aberdeenshire I can see why you ask, would need to be as brave man to tackle some of those with a little tractor very over loaded!

Chris

Last edited:
   / TX1510 Towing capacity

have a read, gross 1500kg unbraked if the information can be considered as correct, where they got that info I have no idea, mind you depending on your terrain "if its on its gone" as the saying goes. obviously if your in about the hills of aberdeenshire I can see why you ask, would need to be as brave man to tackle some of those with a little tractor very over loaded!

Chris
Cheers Chris just trying to plan for the worst case scenario now and for the future...

/ TX1510 Towing capacity
I had a Kubota B7000 a couple years ago, which is essentially the equivalent to the Iseki and used to pull more than it should. I believe these smaller tractors get something like 1500 KGs of towing capacity with brakes trailers.

I say you won't have a problem pulling the weight. However, get some decent tongue weight on the tractor so the rear tires will bite and if you don't have a loader, get some front weights as the front will get light. Also, if this is mainly on dirt, clay, etc, keep it in 4x4 so the front axle helps pulling and braking as well. Specially if it's hilly ground.

This is pulling a 1600 Kgs tractor, plus mower and trailer. Way more than it should for sure.

View attachment 754439
Many thanks I will err on the side of caution with anything...

/ TX1510 Towing capacity #6  
Max towed weight in general is ;
do not tow more than 50% of tractor weight with a trailer without its own brake system, and tow to maximum the weight of your tractor with a trailer with brake system.
BUT what I find very important is the traction you have in the terrain, cause with a tractor you easily feel "allmighty". You've got plenty gears, only the danger lies not in getting up to speed, but what happens when you want to stop or start steering. If you work on the limits of what is reasonable, beware of having your 4wd selected so engine braking on frontwheels works and on slopes be very very carefull a non-brake-trailer might simply push you "out of the way" or pull you sideways cause you might have plenty of traction on your tractor but sideways a heavy trailer might just pull you over... Been there, seen it, done it.
Another risc on slopes is accelerating from standstill with the tractor tilted up on the slope already and the trailer still on flat terrain. It happened even to me with my tow hook below the horizontal height of my rear axel, my tractor started flipping over backwards.

Attachments

• Iseki with overloaded trailer.jpg
    Iseki with overloaded trailer.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited: