Two young bucks at my feeder

/ Two young bucks at my feeder #3  
Miracle grow deer pellets...nice,very nice head gear.

/ Two young bucks at my feeder
Creekbend: I think the sound is a big plus. It's fun to hear the deer crunching the corn and hear background sounds of dogs or vehicles off in the distance.

Thomas: The camera is the one I gave my grandson for Christmas. We got 44 minutes of this video, a squirrel going up the feeder pole, and a group of 4 does. If we had put up the camera one day sooner, we also would have a flock of turkeys. The first thing he does everyday when he gets home from school is to go check the cameras to see how many photos and videos we have.

/ Two young bucks at my feeder #5  
Nice video. That 9 point is a dandy. Do you think he is 3 1/2?

/ Two young bucks at my feeder #6  
Thats a nice video ... is the camera solar charged?

/ Two young bucks at my feeder #7  
Good video and some good lookin' deer. They look like they survived the summer in pretty good shape.

Charlie

/ Two young bucks at my feeder #8  
Very Cool!!!!

What camera do you have? I have been a big fan of Steathcam for a few years now. Mine is the more entry level model that I plug a 12 volt battery to it for power and keep charged with a solar cell.

Was that the infra red light on the deer and then did the camera take a picture with a regular flash?

Eddie

/ Two young bucks at my feeder
Very Cool!!!!

What camera do you have? I have been a big fan of Steathcam for a few years now. Mine is the more entry level model that I plug a 12 volt battery to it for power and keep charged with a solar cell.

Was that the infra red light on the deer and then did the camera take a picture with a regular flash?

Eddie

Eddie, the Stealthcam is a small trail camera that basically fits in the palm of your hand. It comes with a nylon band to strap it to tree. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K2105E/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details"]Here are the details from Amazon.com[/ame]. I am currently running it with 8 AA batteries just to see how long they will last. I bought the 12 VDC pigtail and told my grandson that I'd hook it to an external battery if the AAs don't last long.

The camera was a Christmas present for my grandson and he loves it. I'm a bit disappointed because it seems the camera won't trigger on anything much further away than 20 feet. In fact it may be closer to 15-20 feet for best triggering. That means we will have to find a spot very close to trails or around our ponds where animals come to drink at night. I expect to be driving a few t-posts and hanging the camera on them to get it close enough to the watering holes. I really wish there was a sensitivity adjustment on the camera trigger.

The flash you saw in the picture is from my old Moultrie camera. I have them side-by-side on two trees. One camera takes movies and the other takes color stills. The Moultrie has a much better trigger distance than the Stealthcam. If a bird lands on the ground within 25', it will fire off and take a picture.

/ Two young bucks at my feeder #10  
Jim

This is the one I have Stealth Cam Digital Scouting Cameras - Rogue

I went for the normal flash because of its 90 foot range. I never thought about distance to set it off, but can tell you that it's at least that far out. Mine takes pics of the trees moving, birds flying by and sometimes I think the dust in the air. I tried the IR cameras and didn't care for them. I like the color you get from having a flash, and the animals dont seem to even notice it. That was very obvious in your video. I saw that flash go off and the deer didn't even react!!!!

I have video mode, but never tried it. I either read, or maybe just made it up, that it wouldn't take video at night and I didn't want to risk missing out on my pictures. More important to me then the pics are the time they are there.

If you go for the solar cell, buy one from a place like Northern Tool. Those cheap little solar cells that they sell at the sportmans stores are pure junk. Mine has metal edges and good quality wire on it. It's also four times as big as what I first bought from Atwoods.

I know just what your grandson if feeling. I remember when I first got pics of wild hogs on mine. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to get home and check it again the next day, and then the next!!!!

Eddie