Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they?

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #1  

Old Red

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 HDC
Two wires with female spade adapters inside the cab in the rear up close to the caution lights...what are they? I put a volt meter on them with the front lights on and the flashers on.....along with the key switch on...not voltage.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #2  
Sounds like the wires to the defrost panel on rear quarter window.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #3  
I would guess defrost also;should be wired to your overhead consul(blank spot).I installed rear work lights and the wiring was already run;ordered the factory switch(Messicks),wires were outside under the caution lights(wrapped in electrical tape).Plug and play operation.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they?
I would guess defrost also;should be wired to your overhead consul(blank spot).I installed rear work lights and the wiring was already run;ordered the factory switch(Messicks),wires were outside under the caution lights(wrapped in electrical tape).Plug and play operation.

I thought that is what these might be (the wiring for external rear light)....but they are inside the cab..so if I had the defrost that is what these might go to then? The outside lights you....what kind of adapter was there for you to use rear lights? Also, the switch you ordered from messicks...did you have to remove the roof or the just the switch panel etc? I would like to hook some up.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #5  
The plug for the factory switch is under the blank ;just pull it out and connect ;easy.I installed LED's in the front and moved the Halogens to the rear so that was plug and play.I did splice for the LED's,water-proof connectors for a boat(easy).
The LED's are great, a lot more light.Can't remember were I found them but they fit the factory bracket.
I may have got them from Superbrights.com.

Oh yes....cool....I didn't even notice that they were so easy to remove..Here are the adapters I fished out of there.....I did read a few different manuals today trying to figure some things out to decrease all my newbie questions...But that is handy it is all wired up already. I'll definitely be adding some LEDs when I figure it all out....on my Lil Bx I ran a whole new harness. When sitting in the tractor...over my left shoulder there are two sets of female spade adapters and over my right shoulder there is one set of spade adapters. Both are in the interior of the cab.

Does anyone know what these two connectors go to?

2018-02-26 18.49.58.jpg2018-02-26 18.49.23.jpg

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #7  
One would plug into the rear wiper switch if you had that and the other into the rear work light switch, also if you had that. Could also be for the rear defrost, which is the plug you left in place below those switches.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #8  
My l6060 those would be the rear wiper and rear defrost switches in the two pics. Where is the rear cab switch in the 40 series? If you have a manual check to see what it displays or maybe get in Messick’s parts diagrams and see the arrangement of them. The front and rear cab lights are on the side pillar to the right on mine but it appears in your picture your front cab lights are above.

The defrost wires come down from the top for the side and rear windows. They may stuffed into the cab headliner if there is no defrost option I would assume. On my l6060 there is a wire on the right side near the side window with a connector on it. I can’t recall what it is for.

Here is a pic without the defrost switch in the leftmost blank before my dealer installed it.
IMG_4480.JPG

Left defrost wires
IMG_4481.JPG

Switches all installed (sorry for the crummy picture I just did a screenshot of a video because it is too cold and muddy and dark to walk back outside)
IMG_5400.JPG

The switch arrangement is different from your l40 but gives you an idea of where your defrost wires would be if they are poking out.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #9  
Old red,

Rear defrost is only for the rear glass. The rear side pop-out windows can also have defrost function but it is an optional item above the rear defogger option. The wire for these side windows is up high, in close proximity to these windows. There is another wire to the left side pop-out window near the bottom or coming out the pillar. I believe this has unswitched power, but not certain what it is for. I知 not by my tractor or I would go out and photograph the connectors for you to compare. (Pop-out window is also called rear quarter window)

The outside rear light wire leads are outside the cab and likely taped up in the bundle by the hazard lights.

While your at it, I found the LED conversion in the over head dome light to very economical upgrade with positive results. I think I posted pictures of the before and after on this forum if you any to search.

Adding pictures to your post would go a long way to confirm their function.

Old red,

Rear defrost is only for the rear glass. The rear side pop-out windows can also have defrost function but it is an optional item above the rear defogger option. The wire for these side windows is up high, in close proximity to these windows. There is another wire to the left side pop-out window near the bottom or coming out the pillar. I believe this has unswitched power, but not certain what it is for. I知 not by my tractor or I would go out and photograph the connectors for you to compare. (Pop-out window is also called rear quarter window)

The outside rear light wire leads are outside the cab and likely taped up in the bundle by the hazard lights.

While your at it, I found the LED conversion in the over head dome light to very economical upgrade with positive results. I think I posted pictures of the before and after on this forum if you any to search.

Adding pictures to your post would go a long way to confirm their function.

Thank you and others so much....Yes I will post up some photos this afternoon at lunch or after work of the wires. I would love to have a dome light that would actually allow me to see in my cab. I will search to see what you put in there. Stay tuned...