Turn up the fuel in a 5211.

/ Turn up the fuel in a 5211. #1  

ZetorSteve

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor 5211
Looking to get a bit more it of my 5211. I read on zetorworld awhile ago about how to do this but that site is still currently down. The 4x4 round baler really drags the tractor down with a full chamber. I actually stalled the engine near full chamber when I sucked in a big was of Johnson grass.

The tractor never blows any smoke, even under heavy load. Even when it was bogged down before the stall, no smoke. Was hoping to get a few more ponys to spin the baler.

/ Turn up the fuel in a 5211. #2  
Looking to get a bit more it of my 5211. I read on zetorworld awhile ago about how to do this but that site is still currently down. The 4x4 round baler really drags the tractor down with a full chamber. I actually stalled the engine near full chamber when I sucked in a big was of Johnson grass.

The tractor never blows any smoke, even under heavy load. Even when it was bogged down before the stall, no smoke. Was hoping to get a few more ponys to spin the baler.
Yes, i swapped Zetorworld.com for a pair of mudguards for my 3011, with the guy from zetorforum.de because i dont have the means to transplant 20 years of forum archive to a new forum platform because the X-forum script doesnt run anymore on the latest Apache servers.

Its a long time ago, but i think it was the upper screw behind the rear cover. Undo the locknut with a 13mm wrench and turn the rod with a flat screwdriver.

Its good to write down which screw you adjusted, and how many turns: because a 3 cylinder governor is slightly different to a 7745 governor, i loosened the governor spring so it didnt get above 1200rpm. Then put it back and took the upper screw, turned that a stroke, snd that really woke her up. Slight gray smoke, but it pulled a rented 10m3 tanker to speed over the distance it used to pull the 6m3 tanker to speed.

What i did as well, was swapping the fine mazed 3 cylinder radiator for a coarse 4 cylinder radiator we kept on the hay loft. It allways ran hot before in the work we did with it, but the coarse radiator and a stroke on the pump made it meet the expectations set by its predecessor, a 4712.

/ Turn up the fuel in a 5211. #3  
Hello Renze, is there a coarse radiator for replacement in a 5211,
my rad looks to be a fine mazed original and repaired many times,
so if replacing it i would rather have the coarse.

/ Turn up the fuel in a 5211. #4  
Hello Renze, is there a coarse radiator for replacement in a 5211,
my rad looks to be a fine mazed original and repaired many times,
so if replacing it i would rather have the coarse.
Radiators are the same, just the core is different.