Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights.
OK, I am off and running. The lug on the ammeter was easy to re-connect the wire to. However, I still got no power to the starter switch. Ammeter must be bad also. So I jumpered the ammeter out of the circuit, and she started right up.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #32  
OK, I am off and running. The lug on the ammeter was easy to re-connect the wire to. However, I still got no power to the starter switch. Ammeter must be bad also. So I jumpered the ammeter out of the circuit, and she started right up.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

Sweet. Glad it's fixed!

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #33  
Take some pics if you can. Take a picture of your tractor in general. And where you're working at too. I can do some Googling or look on the Mahindra Parts Catalog to try and help trace it down.

Ok, so lets go over what you found here.
So your ignition switch has zero power coming to it on any of the connections. So the issue is power from the battery to the ignition. I wouldn't chase anything further down the line than that at this time.

So if you found a fuse that has power, you know that power from the battery is reaching that point. Now the disconnect is somewhere from that fuse to the ignition switch.

I'd need to see pictures to try and understand where you're working.
A 30 amp fuse is small for a main fuse. The ECU fuse is 30 amps on my tractor, but the main fuse right off of the battery is definitely rated much higher..

really, the best thing I can suggest is physically following the entire harness. That's what I'd do. With a test light. The battery negative is connected to the chassis. The positive should go to a main fuse and then be run it's way to some relays, another fuse block maybe and the ignition switch. I personally would just physically follow it the whole way, looking for damage or a disconnect.
I Have a mahindra 2638 that just did the same thing what did you find out? Mine is a 17 just died no electrical power anywhere.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #34  
I'm having this same issue right now. I have LS XG3032 2016 model. Except I have power through my ignition switch. When I turn the key to the start position the instrument panel doesn't come on. No lights or gauges move. I've tracked the power from the battery to everything I can think of.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #35  
I have a 1526. Same thing - no power to instrument panel. Note, however, that I connected a charger, and after a while, the power came on, but when I tried to start, it seemed like there wasn't power. So, took the battery in and replaced it - thinking it was bad. Put new battery in, Instrument panel list up, tried to start it, it clicked, and then went dead again. Now, no power on instrument panel again. Very strange.

justin86 did you find anything?​

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #36  
I have a 1526. Same thing - no power to instrument panel. Note, however, that I connected a charger, and after a while, the power came on, but when I tried to start, it seemed like there wasn't power. So, took the battery in and replaced it - thinking it was bad. Put new battery in, Instrument panel list up, tried to start it, it clicked, and then went dead again. Now, no power on instrument panel again. Very strange.

justin86 did you find anything?​

You have a bad ground wire. Replace the terminal first and see if it starts. These wires suffer from internal corrosion so they look ok from visual inspection.
Replacing the wire usually solves this issue.

Last edited: