TS 2205 Won't start using key!!

/ TS 2205 Won't start using key!! #1  

Anonymous Poster

TS 2205 Won\'t start using key!!

I have a strange problem. My Iseki TS 2205 won't start with the key. I just bought it a week ago. It started fine everytime I looked at it while I was neogating to buy it. It started three times since I got it home. I have all electrical working except won't turn over starter. Low and High beams work off key switch, horn works, turn signals work and glow plug works. You can actual jump the post at the starter and it will turn over.

My first thought is I have blown a fuse. Does any one know where fuse box would be if the tractor had one?

Would this tractor have an in line fuse? If so where?

Last question how do you take off the sheet metal panel where switches are located?

Or what else could be causing my problems? I realize it might be a bad wire. Sure hope not. Looks lie it will be a bugger to trace it.

Thank for you in put.

Don Worrell

/ TS 2205 Won't start using key!! #2  
Re: TS 2205 Won\'t start using key!!

Don,
The key just turns on the power, it doesn't start the tractor. Below the steering wheel is a black switch. Hold it one way, it is the glow plugs. Turn it the other, it is the starter. Hope this helps.

/ TS 2205 Won't start using key!!

That is where my problem is I have power everywhere. I even have power to the glow plug. But when I turn the switch the other way to turn over the starter I get nothing.

Don

/ TS 2205 Won't start using key!! #4  

Don,
Most Iseki's and other compacts have a safety isolation switch on the gearbox / clutch assembly. Basically the tractor will not turn over unless the clutch is fully depressed. On some brands, it is also necessary to have the gear change in neutral.

Not sure this will help as you say that you have been able to start the tractor since getting it home. Perhaps you have just been depressing the clutch before and not realised it?

This safety switch is in-line from starter to master key switch and I believe connects somewhere within the gearbox housing. You should be able to find the swithc position if you follow the starter line back to the dashboard key switch.

Hope this is of some assistance. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TS 2205 Won't start using key!! #5  

Voodoo is right that some of this tractors have a safety switch on the clutch. Look around the clutch pedal and related linkage and see if there are any wires or switches that may have came loose.

/ TS 2205 Won't start using key!! #6  

I assume your battery is good & that all connections are good. Might not be a bad idea to shine up battery cable connections . They have a tendency to glaze over. There should be a single small wire coming off the top of the starter. This wire comes from the switch. Put tractor in nuetral. Run a wire from the solenoid battery terminal & touch it to the small wire terminal.. If starter works , your problem is either bad key switch , bad safety switch or break in the wiring . If the starter doesn't do anything you have a bad solenoid.