Comparison Trying to find the right tractor??????

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
I am trying to find the right tractor. I have looked at so many I just don't know witch is the best. There is so many to choose from and compare it would drive guy nuts.

Just test drove a McCormick ct36. It was a nice tractor great loader capacity and 3pt capacities. The platform to get into is a little small. Comes with two remotes standard witch is great. I am also looking to get an mmm and I don't know if you drive over the deck to hook it up or what. The dealer gave me a price of 24k.

Test drove a bobcat 335 it seemed like a good tractor did not like the foot pedal for the forward and reverse and the 3pt seamed little weak only 1400lbs of lift.

I also looked at a b3030 it seemed to small not much lift capability. But the dealer told me that it is the biggest Kubota that will take an mmm.

I was looking at tym but I don稚 know anything about them and the closest dealer is about 80miles away. I don't know if it is worth driving that far to look at a tractor?

John Deere it seems you are paying for the green paint.

I currently have a dx45 with an l350 loader that I am trying to sell. It is too big for what I need and want to get something one size smaller. I going use it to move snow and cut my 3acres of grass and do brush mowing and moving logs around.

Any input you guys would have would be very helpful. I only want to spent 25k a cab would be great but not necessary. I am looking for a 30hp to 35hp tractor with a loader, 60" mmm and rear remotes.
:thumbsup:

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #2  
I am trying to find the right tractor. I have looked at so many I just don't know witch is the best. There is so many to choose from and compare it would drive guy nuts.

Just test drove a McCormick ct36. It was a nice tractor great loader capacity and 3pt capacities. The platform to get into is a little small. Comes with two remotes standard witch is great. I am also looking to get an mmm and I don't know if you drive over the deck to hook it up or what. The dealer gave me a price of 24k.

Test drove a bobcat 335 it seemed like a good tractor did not like the foot pedal for the forward and reverse and the 3pt seamed little weak only 1400lbs of lift.

I also looked at a b3030 it seemed to small not much lift capability. But the dealer told me that it is the biggest Kubota that will take an mmm.

I was looking at tym but I don稚 know anything about them and the closest dealer is about 80miles away. I don't know if it is worth driving that far to look at a tractor?

John Deere it seems you are paying for the green paint.

I currently have a dx45 with an l350 loader that I am trying to sell. It is too big for what I need and want to get something one size smaller. I going use it to move snow and cut my 3acres of grass and do brush mowing and moving logs around.

Any input you guys would have would be very helpful. I only want to spent 25k a cab would be great but not necessary. I am looking for a 30hp to 35hp tractor with a loader, 60" mmm and rear remotes.
:thumbsup:

hard to say for sure, but with any major brand players, it's a ford chevy debate with ag tires. find whatever looks like it will do what you want for the price you want to pay.

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #3  
Pretty much all the tractors these days are pretty good machines. Some of the Chinese machines might be a bit questionable, but all the others are pretty good. To start with I would look at all the dealers that are within your driving distance. Check out the tractors, how they fit you. Are you comfortable in the seat. Are the controls in a comfortable place for you, some are and some are not. What is comfortable for me, may not be for you. Only you can tell if the tractor fits you right. All tractors have stuff just a bit different than another, no good reason not to get one that fits you right to start with. Try to get a feel for the dealer, a good dealer can make everything better for you.

I don't know if you will be able to get a MMM for the size tractor that you are looking for. I think that usually you would have to step down 2 sizes from what you have now. It seems like the Korean tractors are the best bang for the buck now days, might keep that in mind. I would still look at every single dealer that you have in your area. It's one of those things, you won't know without looking and asking questions about them.

Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #4  
Don't know where you got those numbers for the CT335 on 3 Pt. lift, or how they are qualified, but the real spec at 24" aft is 2383 lbs. 1400 sounds more like the loader lift spec.

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #5  
Spec out the TYM T353 HST, nice tractor, it has the side by side hydro pedals which is very pleasing to use. The only thing is it only takes the 72" MMM, which may be a problem for you.

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #6  
Pretty much all the tractors these days are pretty good machines. Some of the Chinese machines might be a bit questionable, but all the others are pretty good. To start with I would look at all the dealers that are within your driving distance. Check out the tractors, how they fit you. Are you comfortable in the seat. Are the controls in a comfortable place for you, some are and some are not. What is comfortable for me, may not be for you. Only you can tell if the tractor fits you right. All tractors have stuff just a bit different than another, no good reason not to get one that fits you right to start with. Try to get a feel for the dealer, a good dealer can make everything better for you.

I don't know if you will be able to get a MMM for the size tractor that you are looking for. I think that usually you would have to step down 2 sizes from what you have now. It seems like the Korean tractors are the best bang for the buck now days, might keep that in mind. I would still look at every single dealer that you have in your area. It's one of those things, you won't know without looking and asking questions about them.

Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

I know that you can get a MMM on a Deere up to 66 hp. I think a 3120 or 3320 Deere with a 300cx loader and 72" MMM would get the job done. the 3320 is a very nice machine and surely will get the job done. John Deere parts are readily available and the 3x20 series are very reliable tractors. One feature that the 3x20 series offers is it's twin touch ehydro transmission which is very useful with loader work and mowing. They also feature a wide open operator platform and the loader joystick it right at your side rather than mounted on the FEL itself. Quick attach buckets are standard on the 300x and 300cx so you can also add attachments like pallet forks or rock buckets.

/ Trying to find the right tractor??????
I test drove a 3320 today loved the tractor. The dealer gave me a price of 23k for the tractor,300cx loader, 72"mmm with the quick tach, rear remotes, r4 tires, and ehydro. I think this is a good price, now if i can sell my we be doing good.

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #8  
I test drove a 3320 today loved the tractor. The dealer gave me a price of 23k for the tractor,300cx loader, 72"mmm with the quick tach, rear remotes, r4 tires, and ehydro. I think this is a good price, now if i can sell my we be doing good.

Even though you loved this tractor, you should go and look at others. That way you will know that it is the right tractor for you, or you will learn that some other one is even better for you. One of those things of you won't know without looking. No reason to wonder about it later on.

Shopping is all part of the fun. :thumbsup:

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #9  
You might be suprised on that B3030 Kubota as to what it can do and for the size the manuverability it can give you.

It is not the largest Kubota that will take a mmm as the Grand L will also take them.

The bigget thing that I see here is that for some, you are not gaining in your issues of a smaller tractor!!!

You could put a mid mower under the tractor you have for far less money!!!

Just because you have a little bit smaller tractor you could loose in the turning radius and be worse off or greatly dissappointed!!!!

The rated capacities don't really mean a lot to a stone that you don't know the weight of, or much less will have to move again. Your break out force is what you will use as a gauge so don't be to worried about the rated power, but the break out force!!!

/ Trying to find the right tractor?????? #10  
Don't know where you got those numbers for the CT335 on 3 Pt. lift, or how they are qualified, but the real spec at 24" aft is 2383 lbs. 1400 sounds more like the loader lift spec.

According to bobcats website, it is actually 1700lbs @ 24" aft.

He also may have been confusing the spec with a 235, which is 1500 @ 24" aft.

On a side note:

Dont get too hung up on 3PH lift specs. Yea, 1700lbs doesent put it at the top of the list, and does seem low for a 3600lb tractor, but you have to keep in mind that it is still a category 1 cut. I may be wrong, but I havent ever seen a implement for these sized tractors ever exceed 1000lbs.

The lift on my L3400 is only 1500 @ 24" and 2000 @ the pins. I have a bushhog, blade, RFM, PHD, and a few other attachments. None of them even come close to the 1500lb mark. Honestly, It may only be capable of lifting 1000lbs, but I'd never know.

The only way the lift rating would really be a factor, would be if you wanted to use a dirt scoop, boom pole, or carry-all. But with a FEL, why would you.