Trying to contact RonMar

/ Trying to contact RonMar
The metal screen in my 2006 Jinma 284 was very fragile and I tore a hole in it the first time I tried to clean it. Desperate for something to use I found a paper filter that I could rig up to fit the suction pipe from the original screen. It had way more surface area than the screen but it was so much finer it actually restricted flow. Worked pretty good in the summer but when the fluid got cold it really stressed the pump until I could get it warmed up properly.
Eventually I went back to the OEM screen. Someday I may look into re-plumbing the rear facing Hydraulic ports so that I can tap fluid off the bottom of the sump on the right side and run it though a spin on arraignment of some sort. It will mean messing with fittings, hoses and adapters until I get what I want. There always seems to be something more pressing that needs to be done.
Since the right side rocker shaft seal decided to start leaking this summer, I may get into the hydraulics sooner than I thought....
Hopefully your not knee deep in fittings, hoses and adapters yet. Since my last post I've successfully come up with a mod for the in-sump hydraulic filter for our Jinma 284 tractors. I found a near perfect replacement filter that can be modified to use with the existing suction tube and hardware. The hydraulic filter for a Massey Ferguson part #1687042M91 will fit ALMOST perfectly. You MUST be careful to purchase the right filter because I'm told there are at least two versions with the same part number. BE SURE TO GET THE ONE THAT IS 3 1/2 in. TALL. I'm going to post the procedure I used on the "Modification" section of TractorByNet. The best part about this mod is the filter is only $8.00 - $16.00 (plus shipping) depending on where you purchase it. I got mine on ebay for $8.00 plus $3.00 shipping (hamiltonbobscubs).

Well, I stand corrected. I thought for sure I saw a "Forum" for modifications. There's not one so I'll start a new thread in "Chinese Tractors" with the instructions.

Last edited: