Trying to choose

/ Trying to choose #1  

Adventuris

Tractor
Tym
Trying to choose between a 574 and a 474 , need to be able to pick up a pallet of wood pellets. Has any one tried with a 394 or 474 , i know the 574 will do it

/ Trying to choose #2  
It's not so much a question of which tractor will do the job as it is the capability of the loader or the three point - whichever end you're using to lift the pallet. You should also know the weight of a pallet of pellets. The larger tractor will normally have a greater flow capacity but this may only affect the speed at which it lifts.

/ Trying to choose #3  
How high do you need to lift pallets of wood pellets? Tractor lift capacity fall off rapidly as lift height increases.

If you are new to tractors, do not buy the lightest tractor suitable for your task. Lifting heavy loads with the FEL is a primary cause of tractor rollovers.

You have not defined the weight of your pallets of wood pellets. To lift one ton (2,000 pound) pallets on a regular basis a tractor of 5,000 pounds bare weight is recommended.

When considering a tractor purchase, bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width/rear tire spread third, rear wheel ballast fourth. Ample tractor horsepower is needed for PTO-powered implements such as Bush Hogs and snow blowers, but remains subsidiary to tractor weight in defining tractor capability.

Last edited:
   / Trying to choose #4  
What Jeff said ......... Do not choose the lightest tractor that will do the job. You could be in for a very sad surprise.

If you still want to go with a smaller tractor - consider moving a pallet load of pellets in two steps. A pallet load of pellets - 2000# - is not a safe job for a smaller tractor.

/ Trying to choose #5  
I was nearly ready to purchase a Tym 474, but decided to get a Kioti Dk10se due to loader capacity and lack of Tym dealer near by. I think the Kioti is about +300 on loader capacity vs Tym. I also didn’t want to increase to the next chassis size. To me, that was a larger tractor than I wanted.

/ Trying to choose #6  
Get the T574 if you're frequently having to do heavy loading. The T574 almost lifts 600# more on FEL than the T474.......and I have a T474.
240051964_10158328224595983_5075090039824948358_n.jpg

/ Trying to choose #7  
Yep -- upsize when in such a dilemma. I have a 4 series Bobcat and would not like constantly lifting 2000lb things. Doing it and doing it with margin for comfort and error are different things.

/ Trying to choose
Need to off load out of back of truck or off my trailer , looking like i will go with a 574