TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #11  
I just buy 90 Efree at pump here local at 1 buck more then e gas and mix with VP oil.

SEF premix fuel is VPracing stuff I heard.

vp2.jpg
vp22.jpg

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #12  
I've always used Echo oil and never had a problem, no carbon, no plug fouling.
I will say tho, some of the good luck may be because there is no ethanol where I always get my fuel. Only time I strayed was yesterday, put the oil in my can, go to a closer station since all I needed was saw gas, figured I'd check it when I got home just because. I'll be d++ned if there wasn't ethanol in the gas which I refused to use and will slowly add it to my truck to get rid of. Went to my regular station and hoping they hadn't switched, nope....just good ole gas still.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #13  
Unfortunately many states do not sell ethanol free at the pump.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #14  
I can't speak to ready made pre-mix, But I can share something abut the oil. I have always used Stihl synthetic with god results. Recenty, I bought a ported and modified Echo from a saw builder who has a great reputation. He recommended Red Armor. He said Stihl oil is good, but Red Armor is better.
I Like Bel-Ray's MC 1 racing synthetic and Cenex non ethanol Premium mixed at 45 : 1
Almost 50 years using it.
Think I read somewhere that they make Husky's XP oil but can't find anything now.

Runs clean and smells "Good" also has octane boost.

Last edited:
   / TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #16  
I live in Oregon. We use non e fuel (5.19 gl for all the equipment mix 45-1 Stihl never had any issues in eight years!

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #17  
Yep, as long as I can buy E-free I will run it in my stuff, including my truck. I mix with Stihl syn at 40/1 and have never had any bad results. I assume what you are asking about is pre-mix. I have no idea where you can even buy that stuff around here. Never seen it. Might as well buy Coleman white gas if you're gonna do that. :ROFLMAO:

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #18  
In my area with zero gas stations selling ethanol free, chainsaw dealers, hardware stores, and box stores sell the pre mixed bottles.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??
Do keep in mind that leaning the mix out can and will cause scoring of the cylinder walls. I'd not exceed 50-1 under any circumstances.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #20  
I have bought the premixed stuff twice when buying new saw and new trimmer only because they extend the warranty if you buy it when you buy the equipment new. It’s very expensive like over $9 a quart ! Around here all the hardware stores and Walmart carry premix as well as some gas stations. The premix is very convenient for folks that don’t use much and it eliminates the chance of making a mistake mixing your own.

Ethanol free gas is readily available where I live most gas stations carry it and that’s what I use in my 2 stroke equipment.

I get a kick out of the very many people that claim mixing 50-1 is bad even though that’s what most manufacturers recommend , I’ve been using many different brands of 50-1 oil since the 70’s in lots of 2 stroke equipment and it’s never caused me any trouble.

Last edited: