Trouble finding insurance for tractor

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #11  
We have USAA Homeowners and they cover my B7800 for up to $10,000 with no additional cost. That’s probably about the value of a 17 year old bare 7800. That amount does not include the attachments (Loader, BB, etc) but those items are covered under the general property loss and theft for full replacement value.
I boosted my USAA replacement cost total value coverage to hopefully cover all my equipment against loss.
USAA assured me that this includes any loss of any item, or items, for any reason while on my property.
I hope so!
Having had USAA for 59 years, there have been some hiccups in improperly written coverage that gave me concern, but luckily I caught each of them.
You never really know what you are covered for, until you have a claim!

Last edited:
   / Trouble finding insurance for tractor #12  
My USAA Homeowners cover my tractor for up to $25,000 with no additional cost. And that amount does not include the attachments (Grapple, Bucket & Backhoe) but those items are covered under the general property loss and theft for full replacement value just like orezok.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #13  
My USAA Homeowners cover my tractor for up to $25,000 with no additional cost. And that amount does not include the attachments (Grapple, Bucket & Backhoe) but those items are covered under the general property loss and theft for full replacement value just like orezok.
USAA has stated that my Kubota L48 TLB is covered for "replacement value".
Since the L48 is no longer made, I would expect "replacement value" to be the L47 at close to $50K.

Last edited:
   / Trouble finding insurance for tractor #14  
KTAC actually replied to me pretty promptly. They say my loader was never covered because it wasn't in the finance contract. I paid cash for it up front to be installed instead of financing it with the tractor.
They can cancel my current policy and write a new one with the loader covered if I have an invoice with price and serial number. I've sent them a copy to see what the final premium will be.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #15  
Getting insurance coverage is difficult for tractors and other land management equipment depending on the state you live in. I'm in Michigan and the best I can get is $15K coverage period. No other policies I can find available since losing KTAC after the loans were paid in full. If anyone has an insurance coverage solution for Michiganders I love to hear it.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #16  
Getting insurance coverage is difficult for tractors and other land management equipment depending on the state you live in. I'm in Michigan and the best I can get is $15K coverage period. No other policies I can find available since losing KTAC after the loans were paid in full. If anyone has an insurance coverage solution for Michiganders I love to hear it.

KTAC both emailed and called as soon as I paid my loan off early to see if I wanted to continue coverage. Did they not contact you or was there a reason you elected not to go with them again? Just curious.
For $155 in my particular situation I decided to try a year with them and decide next year if I want to continue or not.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #17  
If you are elligible for USAA, they should offer coverage.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #18  
What?! Insurance on a tractor is a thing??

If any of you gamble or buy lottery tickets, ask me how you can save a BUNCH of money.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #19  
What?! Insurance on a tractor is a thing??

If any of you gamble or buy lottery tickets, ask me how you can save a BUNCH of money.
If you are proposing not carrying insurance, ....ask me.
In 1987 I had a fire loss of $240,000.
I figure that I could pay homeowner insurance premiums for well over 100 years, and still be ahead of the game.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #20  
I could buy a LOT of lottery tickets for the value of my tractor and implements. To say nothing about the cost if I'm driving from the house to the field and one of the boneheads who occasionally use th eroad for a race track hits me. Without insurance I would automatically be considered at fault.