Triumph & Sidecar

/ Triumph & Sidecar #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Well guy's. If you remember my post about 2 years ago about me wanting a Triumph Bonneville, Well, I got it and then a whole lot more.

Tractors are nice but this is beyond nice. It's a driveway jewel. I bought the bike soon after my original post and then proceeded to add the sidecar which, by the way, is finally done. I'm going to have to buy another Triumph to ride. This is for show and a Sunday drive. Yes, it wasn't cheap. Everything is top shelf from the Performance Machine disc brakes to the Jet Hot Ceramic coated custom mandrel bent headers and '68 Triumph peashooter mufflers to the exact factory matched paint to the hand pinstriped sidecar (pinstriped by yours truly by the way).

Besides the exhaust system, the bike has a polished intake tract, reworked carbs and it's re-geared.

It's a hoot. If I was a young buck, it would be a "chick magnet". Being as I'm an old you know what, it's a reincarnation of my eighteen year old days with my '68 T120 Bonneville with all the modern updates and yes, the bike runs. I've run the outfit at over 70 and it's stable as a rock. The bike alone will pull an honest-in-the-wind 118 in top gear.

I much prefer just crusing along. The outfit is a looker, not a cooker.

Attachments

• 856509-MVC-001S.JPG
    856509-MVC-001S.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,984
   / Triumph & Sidecar
Another picture:

Plenty of drool factor...

Attachments

• 856511-MVC-002S.JPG
    856511-MVC-002S.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,038
   / Triumph & Sidecar
Another:

Notice the custom machined master brake and lever mount in this picture. That is 6016T4 Billet Aluminum, clear anodized with 18-8 stainless fasteners, socket hex head of course. The tail light is a custom Sparton unit. The sidecar wheel is Buchannan of California. The driveway is mine....gravel.

Attachments

• 856513-MVC-003S.JPG
    856513-MVC-003S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 299
   / Triumph & Sidecar
Another:

Ignore my old bailer. It's a spare. The M9 is in the barn, under a blanket. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 856514-MVC-004S.JPG
    856514-MVC-004S.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 295
   / Triumph & Sidecar
Another:

Here is a nice view from the rear showing the pinstriping (I about committed hari-cari over that). The custom compound angle machined puck that carries the turnsignal in a level and perpendicular plane in relation to the sidecar and the tail light, soon to have a vanity plate attached.

I do get bored viewing tractors so how about a change for a short. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 856516-MVC-005S.JPG
    856516-MVC-005S.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 259
   / Triumph & Sidecar
Another:

Frontal shot here. I just adore the British lines. When I show it this summer, I have to think of a way to keep peoples fingers off the paint. Everyone want to carress it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 856521-MVC-006S.JPG
    856521-MVC-006S.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 351
   / Triumph & Sidecar
Another:

Business side here. Nice view of the custom, one off exhaust system, '68 Meriden Triumph peashooter mufflers and the classic lines....what a Triumph is all about.

Attachments

• 856522-MVC-007S.JPG
    856522-MVC-007S.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 283
   / Triumph & Sidecar
Another:

Final shot in the driveway. You will note the steering damper and the fact that the bike seems to lean away from the sidecar. It does. That's about steering geometry and the damper controls headshake inherent in a staggered 3 wheel vehicle.

Hope you enjoyed this set. I just added some shelves in my shop for the anticipated trophies. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As usual, in all my many posts, comments are always welcome.

No, I won't loan it to anyone. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 856524-MVC-008S.JPG
    856524-MVC-008S.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 721
   / Triumph & Sidecar #9  
Daryl,
That is one nice looking machine, you should be proud /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

I guess it has taken some of your tractor time away...it would mine.

I noticed the hinges on the back of the sidecar. Does that lift up for ease of getting in the sidecar, a back rest, or a little storage place?

Congrats on you fine new addition!!

/ Triumph & Sidecar #10  
Looks real nice! How's the weather there?
Mine hasn't been out of the barn yet and the way the projects are piling up, it doesn't look good /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.