Tri axle dump truck hourly rate?

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #21  
Here in my area, what we call tri-axles (steer, lift, tandem drive 21 tonne payload) are getting $70/hour on the highway paving jobs. Why? Because they keep going to work.
So for $70 you get to pay for that new $220 to 240,000 truck, your motel or trailer lot while you are working out of town, and a premium for your out of town fuel. Awesome eh? LOL

And then when winter comes, our city used to have a seniority list for when they hire trucks to work under the big snow blowers cutting the snow banks back on the roads. But years ago they went to a bid list.
So now the brainwaves will work their trucks in the winter for as low as $53/hour.

Good riddance trucking industry! LOL

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #22  
Here in BC triaxles are tri-drive. ( one steer axle three driven rear)

We also have tandem tandem. (Two steerable front axles and two rear axles. All driven.)

Last edited:
   / Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #23  
When I order rock, I think the truck charge is about $50 - but that is based on load weight and distance, - 22 ton (5 axle) and about 16 Rd Tp. When I order 2 loads, the same truck can bring both in about an hour.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #24  
Tri-axles get about 100-110 around my area of Southern NH and Eastern MA. Western MA, Vermont and Upstate NY the rates are much lower. $75-80 per hour.

A few years ago I bought my father a tri-axle truck. He had retired and I thought it would be good for him to stay busy and out of trouble. Maybe make a few bucks too. Nope. Operating a single truck is futile. Insurance, registration, fuel taxes, etc. are overwhelming. Especially if you cannot keep it running 5 days a week. I bought the truck and then realized I didn't have enough money to get it on the road. My father, being in his 70's now cannot drive the truck full time, nor would we be able to keep up with the maintenance to our standard. We have been fixing it up and getting it ready to sell.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #25  
When I order rock, I think the truck charge is about $50 - but that is based on load weight and distance, - 22 ton (5 axle) and about 16 Rd Tp. When I order 2 loads, the same truck can bring both in about an hour.
Around here they will hit private customers with a $200 plus delivery fee........but then go work for the million dollar contractors for 50 bucks an hour. Because even though there is more than enough work every year to have every dump truck here working, they are all so worried about being "number one" they all cut each others throats.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #26  
Around here they will hit private customers with a $200 plus delivery fee........but then go work for the million dollar contractors for 50 bucks an hour. Because even though there is more than enough work every year to have every dump truck here working, they are all so worried about being "number one" they all cut each others throats.

Yup. So typical everywhere I suppose.

Definitely like that here on the West coast.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #27  
The "New Canadians" are taking over the gravel haulage, in southern Ontario

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #28  
$110/hr. Darn Inflation!