Tri axle dump truck hourly rate?

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
Thinking bout expanding and running some dump trucks to try to make little more green,
What is the ball park hourly rate for a tri axle dump truck?

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #2  
I think it all depends on location and how desperate the "other guy" with a triaxel is too work. I know around me the rate is anywhere from $80 - $90 per hour and sometimes you can find some guys cheaper. I find it hard to believe that's all a truck is worth by the hour but you won't find anybody willing to pay much more than that. I have a ten wheeler I run just for my own needs, unless the job is for myself I rarely haul for anyone, it's just not worth the wear and tear on the truck, that's just my option, hope that helps.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #3  
A couple of years ago my guy was charging me $50.00 an hour for an old tandem Louiville. That's here in Ontario. I think a lot of guys with excavators and dump trucks don't have much to do lately.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #4  
.001% of the cost of a new truck per hour

$90,000 truck = $90 per hour

This works as a guideline, but will vary a little based on fuel prices, location, etc.

When I'm working my truck by the hour, I also figure how much fuel I'll be using. You can potentially make better profit by pricing based on production though. A while back I hauled dirt for $10 a load for a guy. He had a backhoe loading me and i just had to haul it about half a mile and dump it. Most guys would think i was nuts for only charging $10 a load to haul. But turned out I made $100 an hour (with a $60 an hour truck). Without even hurrying or crowding my truck. And the profit was better because half my time was sitting idle getting loaded.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #5  
Not a question to be asked here. Your local economy and the competition will set your rates for you.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #6  
Last fall I paid $70 delivery charge on 18 yards of topsoil, it was 16 miles of round trip country road.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #7  
Not a question to be asked here. Your local economy and the competition will set your rates for you.

It's still interesting to hear about varying rates.

Triaxles are scarce as hens teeth around here. Too bad, their ability to access a lot of my jobsites would sure be handy.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #8  
It's still interesting to hear about varying rates.

Triaxles are scarce as hens teeth around here. Too bad, their ability to access a lot of my jobsites would sure be handy.

Last I knew the going rate "here" was about $85. But that was a few years back.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #9  
Up here you can get $80.oo/hr on asphalt. I have no idea what the ton/mile rate is.

/ Tri axle dump truck hourly rate? #10  
Truckers were making $83-90 an hour hauling gravel for gas well pads 2-3 years ago.

Will