Tree cutting accident

/ Tree cutting accident
Was talking to a neighbor/customer Friday, and he showed me his bandaged head and said he was cutting a tree and a limb came back and smacked him on top of the head.

/ Tree cutting accident #282  
Leave it or take it down? :eek:
spilttree60688.jpg

/ Tree cutting accident #283  
Several of those would be down, if it was my pole.

/ Tree cutting accident #285  
Leave it or take it down? :eek: View attachment 828185
If it's bothering you, take it down or if you feel it is a hazard to someone or your personal property cut it down, while sometimes pictures can be deceiving it look's like an easy removal.

/ Tree cutting accident #288  
Be careful out their guys when working around trees. Neighbor and customer of mine was air lifted to a trauma center after having a widow maker hit him in the head while cutting firewood. Don't know many details at this point.

/ Tree cutting accident #289  
Be careful out their guys when working around trees. Neighbor and customer of mine was air lifted to a trauma center after having a widow maker hit him in the head while cutting firewood. Don't know many details at this point.
Well, I wasn't cutting a tree but narrowly escaped getting a huge headache from a falling street light pole. The pole was at the end of a fairly steep slope and as I started down the slope I apparently
bumped the range lever, on my Kubota B3200, into neutral and zoooommed down the slope I went. the right front wheel and maybe the mower deck whacked the pole. I "zoomed" on by into the street. The pole broke off about 20 feet up along with the street light arm came crashing down and the pole broke again when it hit the ground. Had I not "zoomed" into the street it would have fallen on me. Yes, I had a hard hat on but I don't think it would have helped much. The power company thought it was funny and decided that pole and the next one up the hill needed replacing.
I had called the power co. two yr ago and they told me there was nothing wrong with those poles1!!!!!!!

/ Tree cutting accident #290  
Many years ago, my Dad died in 2000. My Dad's first cousin was 62 years old, a logger all his life and on his last job. After this he was going to retire and winter in Florida. A widow maker fell out of the tree and broke his neck.