Tree cutting accident

/ Tree cutting accident #302  
Thanks for video, the guy is "99.9% sure" it's not fake.
Then I read where someone said "Lol, and then someone dumped wood shavings from a chainsaw on top of the snow after it fell? I think we're getting down to the heart of it! Lol!"
So to me, no tire tracks anywhere, then how does sawdust get on top of snow like that?
Someone else pointed out there's 3 feet of tree missing, look where part is under bucket barely holding tractor then look down.
My guess they used a crane to get it down, they could have easily placed it there.
Who knows. It just doesn't look right to me.
View attachment 830206

/ Tree cutting accident #303  
2023_11_03_11.22.36.jpg

/ Tree cutting accident #305  
I get you use a pole saw because that’s what you have with you but if you did much of that, a chainsaw is much better. I realize most of what you are doing is cutting small trees and brush.
I'm guessing that using a pole saw some/most of the time reduces the amount of squatting to cut low lying brush and just-out-of-reach limbs. I like using the pole saw when cutting heavy brush in tight spaces. There's definitely a time and place for both using a pole saw as well as a chain saw.

/ Tree cutting accident #306  
Tree cutters cut a large oak for me a few weeks ago. They threw a sandbag & parachute cord way high over a limb, pulling up a long rope size of my wrist.
Tied that way downhill to a Nissan pickup. The driver put tension on it. The chainsaw guy notched, made backcut. He ran soon as he saw gap open. A large limb fell right where he was standing, buried in the ground.

/ Tree cutting accident #307  
Tree cutters cut a large oak for me a few weeks ago. They threw a sandbag & parachute cord way high over a limb, pulling up a long rope size of my wrist.
Tied that way downhill to a Nissan pickup. The driver put tension on it. The chainsaw guy notched, made backcut. He ran soon as he saw gap open. A large limb fell right where he was standing, buried in the ground.
I've said it before in another thread, but pro sawyers learn to always be looking up while making felling cuts. It's not the part of the tree you're cutting, which is going to kill you, it's the branches falling from above.

/ Tree cutting accident #308  
The tractor isn't necessarily oriented in the direction it was facing beforehand.
I think it's definitely possible, and likely, that it happened; looks to me that a really shallow narrow-angle face cut was made, then the back cut; the face closed without the tree going over, so the tractor pushed from farther around to the right where you can marks in the snow but the resolution sucks.
What tracks are we looking for, anyways? Front tire tracks? I can't say I see them, but then I can't see much detail there in the first place.
From the shape and direction of the splinters of the trunk, without seeing the rest of the tree to the left of the picture, I can't say that the top of the trunk didn't slide farther to the left than the splinter parts. Sounds iffy (one would expect the tree to fall off of the barber chair), but it's possible, and would account for the "missing 3 feet".
1699035558504.png

/ Tree cutting accident #309  
How can anyone chainsaw cut a tree leaving sawdust on top of the snow without more footprints, packing snow, etc is beyond my comprehension. It looks way too staged. A tractor supposedly pushing tree like that on snow would leave heavy tracks and probably dirt/leaves.

/ Tree cutting accident #310  

See the curve in the blue line?
It doesn't fit where it came from, the green lines, because the trunk shifted to the left, as indicated by the pink.
Note it moved about the same distance as the missing yellow you highlighted.

IMG_3053.jpeg

The same thing happens in this video where the feller intentionally demonstrates a barber chair.

Advance to 13:11 in the video...

IMG_3054.jpeg