Travel trailer buying advice???

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #61  
All set up for the weekend. Should be a fun trial as we're set up in my backyard so if we discover we need anything it is close by. Hopefully this will prepare us for our first camping excursion away from home.

For a real trial close it all up, hook it up to your truck and drive around the block and set it back up a couple of times. May not be fun but it would be a good shake down.

/ Travel trailer buying advice???
For a real trial close it all up, hook it up to your truck and drive around the block and set it back up a couple of times. May not be fun but it would be a good shake down.

It has been hooked and unhooked a few times now. Am currently sitting by the fire as we're camping in one of my hayfields this weekend.

ForumRunner_20130726_221212.png

ForumRunner_20130726_221238.png

/ Travel trailer buying advice???
Robert,

I just purchased a TT and put it on our place in Oneonta. We have stayed there 4 times and love it. I have a 35 foot keystone with 2 slide outs. Which looks pretty similar to yours in size and functions. We love it and are having a great time using it. Enjoy it and have fun.

Good to hear and congratulations on the tt. We have been enjoying ours as much as possible so far. Will be using it every weekend through the end of August for sure. It is a fun adventure so far.

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #64  
If the camper won't be plugged in for say a week or more put in a battery disconnect switch. It keeps the parasitic loads from wiping out your battery. The propane detector alone will drain a battery in a couple weeks. Congrats on the new camper.
I mounted this Blue Sea unit on my camper a-frame near the battery.

Last edited:
   / Travel trailer buying advice??? #65  
Nice trailer,my wife has also got the RV bug,we have been looking at them too. I have found three but im not totally sold on spending 25 to 30g's just yet. She wonts RV,I wont another tractor:confused3:

Anyone tell me about the vacuum bonded flooring,is it a stay away from deal? They do seem to be alittle cheaper than the one made with real plywood floors,well the ones I found I liked anyways. Reason I ask is the one dealer is saying stay away from it,cause if ever got wet and etc.(not reliable).

Robert if you do ever get over Eddies way,let me know only 45min.drive for me to get up that way and my grandmother also lives there in Tyler...

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #66  
I have found three but im not totally sold on spending 25 to 30g's just yet. She wonts RV,I wont another tractor:confused3:

Foreman,
You could always save a little money by getting something "better than new" like mine :laughing:
i-bpbcgMS-L.jpg

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #67  
Just a piece of advice. NEVER leave the awning even partially out without putting in ground anchors and tie downs. The biggest ones you can muscle in... The wind can always come up unexpectedly and your awning will be destroyed in 5 min with a costly repair bill. On rental trailers, the contract does not allow the awning to be deployed and the renter is 100% liable for all damages if they do.

When you do go camping, take a look at the campground hosts setup. Otherwise, wind it back anytime you leave the area, that way nothing can happen.

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #68  
Heres pics of my Heartland 26lrss. Its not a bunkhouse model. Has 1 slide , closed in pic's.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG