Travel trailer buying advice???

/ Travel trailer buying advice???
ForumRunner_20130716_215514.png

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #52  

Travel trailer owners and boat owners are the same, The 2 best days are the day you buy it and the day you sell it everything in between is costly and needless work , Many owners find out they would have been happier RENTING one when they wanted to camp. The depreciation in boats and travel trailers is crazy !

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #53  
Took a few hours away from haying to pick it up today. Pics are from after I was done for the night. All I did was unhooked and left it. Will try to get it set up Thursday. Towed great at 60 mph. Just need to get acquainted with the length of it.

Robert congrats again ! :thumbsup: Very nice unit. I'am sure You've thought about it if and when You do post pics if you don't mind on what sway bars You will/bought (brand) and difference in towing exprience. Would'nt mind hearing about it in future posts.

Boone

Robert congrats again ! :thumbsup: Very nice unit. I'am sure You've thought about it if and when You do post pics if you don't mind on what sway bars You will/bought (brand) and difference in towing exprience. Would'nt mind hearing about it in future posts.

Boone

I've been haying from 7am till 8-9pm every day for the last week or so so I haven't had much spare time. The hitch I went with was the Equalizer and while I only hauled it around 20 miles it was down a busy State route 20 through congestion and heavy road construction. It was an interesting first haul as it is wide and the narrow construction lanes with their signs on the edge of the lane made me a little nervous since I was just getting use to it. Hauled it 60 mph when traffic allowed and it handled great. Stopping wasn't a problem either. My truck had plenty of power so taking off from a dead stop wasn't an issue and to be honest I didn't even know it was back there except for the slightly longer stopping distance. I will try to update this thread as we use it and haul it more to give my thoughts on the travel trailer as well as the hitch.

All set up for the weekend. Should be a fun trial as we're set up in my backyard so if we discover we need anything it is close by. Hopefully this will prepare us for our first camping excursion away from home.

ForumRunner_20130719_003231.png

ForumRunner_20130719_003243.png

ForumRunner_20130719_003251.png

ForumRunner_20130719_003259.png

ForumRunner_20130719_003311.png

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #57  
Travel trailer owners and boat owners are the same, The 2 best days are the day you buy it and the day you sell it everything in between is costly and needless work , Many owners find out they would have been happier RENTING one when they wanted to camp. The depreciation in boats and travel trailers is crazy !

Holy Chit Man! Way to rain on his parade! I've had numerous boats and still own one. I've never liked selling any of them. You really live up to your name.

Robert,
Congratulations on an awesome trailer! We have an old POS RV that we plan to take camping this fall, I can't wait.
My grandmother was really into camping many years ago. I use to stay with them in their campers and have fond memories. She had to sell her camper when her husband died, and she still talks about how much fun they had, she hated to sell it but had no choice. She was part of a "camp group" or something like that and she still meets with friends she made from camping once a moth for lunch. It seems like a great family activity! Congrats again and thanks for the pics.

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #58  
Looks like a darned nice camper!! One thing I've carried over to camping from my military days are checklists. Make a list of everything you carry in to the camper, delete/add to the list as you go along. After a few campouts, you'll have a pretty comprehensive checklist to go by. Nothing worse than getting all set up in the boonies and find out that there was one widget you absolutely need that's still sitting on the kitchen table back home.

There are several pretty good starting point checklists online.

There probably are some owners that only had the two good days while owning one, but I've had a good day just about ever time I've used mine and as for the few times I haven't, they were all weather related, no control over Mother Nature. Not everything needs or has to be an investment, sometimes you just got to stop, smell the roses and enjoy some fruits of your labors.

/ Travel trailer buying advice??? #60  
Robert,

I just purchased a TT and put it on our place in Oneonta. We have stayed there 4 times and love it. I have a 35 foot keystone with 2 slide outs. Which looks pretty similar to yours in size and functions. We love it and are having a great time using it. Enjoy it and have fun.