Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #1  
Tractor
JD 2032R
Does anybody know if it is legal to haul diesel or gas in 55 gal drums in the back of a pickup in Florida? They're giving it away for hurricane relief and I have 2 drums I want to strap in the back of my truck and get filled.

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #2  
Free diesel - I'd just go for it. Tell the officer you are on a hurricane relief mission...

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #3  
I believe the Federal DOT limit is 119 gallons, no placards required.
I do know in Maryland it's 119 gallons or less of diesel with no special requirements.

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #4  
I believe your supposed to horde has in walmart bags

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #6  
As was said, as long as it is below the DOT 119-gallon threshold for placarding or needing a hazmat endorsement on a license and the load is secure, I would go for it.

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #7  
I take a 55 gallon drum to the gas station 2 miles away every so often. Usually in the back of the truck, but sometimes on pallet forks on the tractor. Just make sure the drum is strapped dorn well. Preferably also strapped to a pallet for easy unloading.

Under 119 gallons for federal hasmat limits.

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #9  
Just my thoughts, I don’t know what’s legal. Diesel yes, gas no. I say this because gas is just more explosive than diesel.

/ Transport diesel 55 gal drum Florida #10  
I wouldn't hesitate to take a single 55 gal drum of diesel in pretty much any truck. I'd be curious why you want to burn 30-40 gallons of gas/diesel to deliver 55? Do you have someone with a specific need or you just plan to drop it for whoever needs it?