Trans-Hydraulic fluid

/ Trans-Hydraulic fluid #1  

sengli

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HSC
So gathering fluids and filters for my maybe, not so soon 50 hour service. The traveler trans fluid they used to recommend in the service manual at RK, has now been discontinued? So this is what they are telling me is the replacement. I cant find any API info on this stuff, which makes me nervous. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1375.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1376.JPG
    IMG_1376.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
   / Trans-Hydraulic fluid #2  
If you have an HST transmission the fluid is a greater concern than with a manual transmission since the transmission and hydraulic system share the same reservoir. If you transmission is manual I suspect any decent quality transmission / hydraulic fluid will work. Viscosities may come into play, perhaps not.

/ Trans-Hydraulic fluid
Mine is a HSC unit. So from what I can tell, the hydraulic and trans fluid are the from the same tank.

/ Trans-Hydraulic fluid #4  
The Providence oil says it meets John Deere J-20C specifications (whatever that means). Most tractors transmission and hydraulics share the same reservoir. My HST (hydrostatic transmission) does this as well, though it does have two separate filters - one is for the HST. Your pictures seem to indicate a good quality fluid for transmission and hydraulics. Some fluide are for hydraulics only. Get a good quality dual purpose and you should be fine.

/ Trans-Hydraulic fluid #5  
The rk55 is intended to use any fluid meeting the John Deere J-20C standard. I was told this in a June 2021 phone call by the mechanic in the rk shop who was helping me source fluid and filter after puncturing mine. He'd confirmed it with their next tier.

NAPA didn't happen to have a compatible filter for the TYM Hydraulic filter 15532302100 which was cross referenced to WIX # WL10363 by the mechanic. Usually in stock or next day... Fortunately, the local tractor dealer carries Mahindra and the tym part number worked and was in stock.

/ Trans-Hydraulic fluid
Great news, Thanks for the info on the JD J-20c specs. I did see that on the container.