Trailer Recommendations for Boomer 24?

/ Trailer Recommendations for Boomer 24? #12  
The Boomer 24 weighs around 1800 pounds and when you add a mower you are around 2300. I wouldn't put that much weight on a single axle trailer.

/ Trailer Recommendations for Boomer 24? #14  
What is the weight rating of the trailer. Axles are commonly about 3500, 5000, and 7000 or so.

My guess is that you'll be around either 3500 or 5000.

The aluminum trailer likely will be around 1000 lbs. So you'd be cutting it a little close with a 3500 lb trailer, but could probably do it.

I do like a bit of a buffer. Nonetheless, 5 to 10 miles is a pretty short trip.

/ Trailer Recommendations for Boomer 24?
White knuckle driving isn't fun. Don't buy a trailer that will be maxed out at capacity with your tractor or too small so you can't properly balance the load. If you question whether it will handle the weight on the ramp or while towing, you are looking at the wrong trailer. Between the towing vehicle, the tractor, and the trailer, the trailer is the cheapest part. Spend a little more to get the right one, not the cheapest one. It will help protect your investments in the other two.
I understand what you're saying. I'm not trying to be cheap, just small and light, hence the aluminum trailer.

What is the weight rating of the trailer. Axles are commonly about 3500, 5000, and 7000 or so.

My guess is that you'll be around either 3500 or 5000.

The aluminum trailer likely will be around 1000 lbs. So you'd be cutting it a little close with a 3500 lb trailer, but could probably do it.

I do like a bit of a buffer. Nonetheless, 5 to 10 miles is a pretty short trip.
I wish I could find a trailer with a 5,000 lb. axle. They all seem to be 3,500, giving the trailers a little over 2,000 lb capacity.

The Boomer 24 weighs around 1800 pounds and when you add a mower you are around 2300. I wouldn't put that much weight on a single axle trailer.
I think you've got a good point. And I'm remembering now that the tires are loaded. I don't think it's gonna work.

OK, so it looks like I'm going to have to go with a tandem axle. Figure an 1,800 lb tractor plus a 60" mower deck plus loaded tires and it's just too much weight. The good news is, I can probably find a steel tandem axle trailer for less than an aluminum single axle.

Thanks to all who responded.

/ Trailer Recommendations for Boomer 24? #19  
You can get pretty heavy duty single axle trailers but the average one with a 3500 pound axle is probably too light.
IMG_5431.JPG