Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #11  
I guess it depends how deep you want to get into customization. You could custom make a tool box with proper clearance - either make it shallow enough all around or allow for the swing of the handle just in that area.

You could probably fab up a shaft extension for the jack where you pull the handle off, add on an appropriate extension and then put the handle back on but higher up. I would bet the extension would not be too hard to do, but I can't tell from what little I can see of the jack.

Or maybe combine a couple of these ideas here and take the handle off and put on something in its place that you can drive with your cordless drill.

I have also seen jacks mounted at the front rail of the bed with an extension out to the side so you crank it standing out next to the front corner of the bed. They have a 90 deg turn box built into it to do that.

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #12  
I hate those "mounted" Jack's at the tip of the V. They seem to always hit the tailgate if I need to open it.

I always switch them out with a retractable jack or in the past I have mounted 2 retractable Jack's, one at each corner on the front of trailer. Kinda PIA but it works and nothing on the tongue

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues
Mounted the Lippert Jack and then mounted toolbox. Manual crank is obstructed, but I can use 3/4” socket and cordless drill to attach/detach trailer.
Tried it a few times and it seems to work well.
I would prefer full use of the manual crank in case no drill, but the need for the toolbox was greater.
In a desperate situation I could do 1/2 cranks by flipping the handle, or remove the toolbox to allow full swing.

1679930796553.jpeg

1679930674023.jpeg

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #14  
i made my own custom tool box on my old trailer similar to yours. i simply added an electric jack inplace of the old handled one. instead of adding a battery, i wired jack into pigtail wiring so it only worked when trailer was plugged in.

_MG_4853.JPG

_MG_4851.JPG

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #16  
also, watch out about adding a taller jack, found out the hard way when the tailgate hit it.

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues
   / Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #18  
Rotate it 90 degrees so it is a front winder.

Bruce

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #19  
It could be awkward to wind a front winder if there isn't much space to operate the crank handle between the tailgate and the jack.

Rather than rely on a cordless drill battery to always be charged, I'd think about keeping a ratchet wrench with the right socket in the toolbox.

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #20  
Could you make an extension tube that slips over the sliding spline that the handle is on and relocate the handle to the top of it? It would need to have a floating outer tube with a big washer or similar to provide the upward force to engage the splines unless you can shim under it or find some kind of spring that would work, like a miniature clutch fingers spring.