Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Getting my 7K Retco trailer ready for use for the mowing season.
It has a typical top crank jack handle, but it leaves only 15” of space between top handle swing arc and the front trailer guard rail.
This leaves me no room for most trailer toolboxes which are at least 18” front to back. My hands hit the front of any would-be trailer toolboxes as most are 18-20”.
Has anyone found a taller/deeper toolbox?
The Buyers “triangular” plastic toolbox on my little single axle is perfect…my single axle has more clearance between front of trailer & it’s’ jack.
I am running out of options on tool boxes and have started to think “outside the box” (no pun intended).
Should I replace top-wind jack with another jack instead? There are limitations to clearance for them, too.

Any other ideas? Placing tool box on the front of the trailer deck is NOT an option.
Inevitably, it will get smashed by mowers and I don’t want to sacrifice the space, either.

I also found this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNLYS2...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues
1679661425250.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #7  
The crank handle is oriented right towards the hitch. It will clear the tool box. Could be harder to reach to crank.

Another idea would be to see if you could reweld the collar lower on your present jack so the crank handle clears the top of your tool box.

The crank handle is oriented right towards the hitch. It will clear the tool box. Could be harder to reach to crank.

Another idea would be to see if you could reweld the collar lower on your present jack so the crank handle clears the top of your tool box.

Yes I tried to find a taller jack (above mounting flange) Would prefer not to make a mess grinding welds and re-welding.

/ Trailer jack and trailer neck toolbox clearance issues #9  
How much higher would you have to raise your present jack to clear your tool box?

How much higher would you have to raise your present jack to clear your tool box?
Probably at least 6”
Current handle is about 12” above trailer frame. Tool box I have is 18” tall.

I ordered the drill powered jack from amazon. I always have a cordless drill in my truck, so it should be ok.