Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Hi, does anyone make either a trailer ball mount or Receiver tube that could mount to the Quick Attach replacing the FEL on a BX25D? I'd like to use the BX for moving a trailer around and seems it would be much easier and comfortable to mount to the front of the tractor rather than the 3 point hitch. thanks

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #2  
There are other solutions that clamp to the FEL and allow u to use a ball for moving trailers.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25
I've see the clamp hitch by Paynes and read some reviews here about it sliding around and moving. Also considering buying a BXpanded bucket hook w/o the actual hook and welding a short piece of 2" receiver to it. Worst case, I can fab something that mounts to the QA on the BX25D. thanks

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #4  
You could get one of these QA hitch with Reese style mount.

Attachments

• EASSH-skid-steer-hitch-01.jpg
    EASSH-skid-steer-hitch-01.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 174
  • TrailerSpotter.jpg
    TrailerSpotter.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 272
  • sh35_header.jpg
    sh35_header.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 9b1cc05ed0115cf69387f13739231f16.jpg
    9b1cc05ed0115cf69387f13739231f16.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 166
   / Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #5  
You might be able to add a receiver to the Kubota quick attach, sort of like this one. It doesn't have to be exactly centered. Offset a bit to the side may make it easier to hook up.

Bruce

Quick Attach intro

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #6  
I had a 2" ball mounted onto the bucket of my BX-25. It works well for short moves.

Attachments

• Kubota BX25 Ball#2.jpg
    Kubota BX25 Ball#2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,328
  • Kubota BX-25 SplitterC EM.JPG
    Kubota BX-25 SplitterC EM.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 781
   / Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #7  
I can see that being handy, but when you are hooking up to a trailer, the rear mount affords better visibility.

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #8  
Oh, one other thing.......moving a trailer using the front hitch takes a bit of getting used to how the trailer moves. The steering is sketchy at best. For short moves it is OK but for long moves it becomes a PIA. If you move a trailer using a rear three point (like my 2620) the hitch can come up as the tph only lifts and doesn't hold the trailer down....found that the hard way after I had to replace my boat's prop. Live and learn!

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #9  
Oh, one other thing.......moving a trailer using the front hitch takes a bit of getting used to how the trailer moves. The steering is sketchy at best. For short moves it is OK but for long moves it becomes a PIA. If you move a trailer using a rear three point (like my 2620) the hitch can come up as the tph only lifts and doesn't hold the trailer down....found that the hard way after I had to replace my boat's prop. Live and learn!
If you think one on the front is a PIA, try two! :laughing:

P9190061.JPG
P9190062.JPG
P9190064.JPG

With a little practice one is easy. The key is to watch the rear end of the trailer and steer it where you want to go. :thumbsup:

/ Trailer Ball Mount or Receiver Hitch to replace bucket on BX25 #10  
I've see the clamp hitch by Paynes and read some reviews here about it sliding around and moving. Also considering buying a BXpanded bucket hook w/o the actual hook and welding a short piece of 2" receiver to it. Worst case, I can fab something that mounts to the QA on the BX25D. thanks

Johnkn,
I fabricated with minimal skill, this receiver mount. I used a piece of 1/4 plate steel and bent it to wrap around the cutting edge of the bucket (keeps it from sliding). Drilled two 9/16" holes in the bucket to attach two bolts with wing nuts. I takes about one minute to put it on. I think it works better than welding the receiver to the top of the bucket, you can get under trailers without having to have them up high off the ground.

Attachments

• Phone photos 11-14 025.jpg
    Phone photos 11-14 025.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Phone photos 11-14 028.jpg
    Phone photos 11-14 028.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Phone photos 11-14 027.jpg
    Phone photos 11-14 027.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 318