Trail Cam Surprize

/ Trail Cam Surprize #22  
I guess you will see that n the new "Looking for Bigfoot" tv show :)
Aww - maybe not !

Yeah, I have watches a couple of those type of shows.. just a lot of hype in the pre show trailers, and never any 'squatch at the end.. nary hide nor hair.. a big run up followed by a big disappointment... I used to have a girlfriend like that!:shocked:

/ Trail Cam Surprize #23  
what big and hairy

/ Trail Cam Surprize #24  
Love the big cat and ram. Thats half the fun of a trail cam, you never know what you'll see.

/ Trail Cam Surprize #25  
Thanks for sharing Rwork.

It's crazy what shows up. The other week I had a ram show-up on my trail cam which is almost unbelievable as they are not native to PA or anywhere close to here.

View attachment 351313 View attachment 351314 View attachment 351315 View attachment 351316

Looks like a Mouflon Sheep. It might be a subspecies, but it's definitely a hair sheep. The Mouflon is the smallest of the wild sheep in the world and native to Europe. They are fairly common here in Texas on the hunting ranches and you can buy a yearling for a hundred bucks pretty easily. He isn't a trophy yet, but looks like he will be in two more years. He was a pet or farm animal that got away, unless you have a high fence hunting ranch in the area? A lot of exotics escape from the ranches and they run wild. Here in TX, if it's not a native animal, it's open season year round with just a hunting license.

Eddie

/ Trail Cam Surprize #26  
When my neighbor inquired about the ram with the local game warden they thought it was an Aoudad sheep. Neighbor had colored daylight pictures that were sufficient to ID the sub-spieces.

To the best of my knowledge there are not any commercial game farms within a 50 mile radius... At least I couldn't find one searching on the internet. Their are plenty of farms in the surrounding area, so it's possible it came from one of them.

/ Trail Cam Surprize #27  
When my neighbor inquired about the ram with the local game warden they thought it was an Aoudad sheep. Neighbor had colored daylight pictures that were sufficient to ID the sub-spieces.

To the best of my knowledge there are not any commercial game farms within a 50 mile radius... At least I couldn't find one searching on the internet. Their are plenty of farms in the surrounding area, so it's possible it came from one of them.

A quick Google image search shows that Aoudad sheep don't have any white on them. I think Eddie nailed it.

/ Trail Cam Surprize #28  
Looking at various pictures on the internet, I agree the Mouflon is more representative of what we have lurking the neighborhood. The white patch on its side matches that found on web pictures of the Mouflon.

Here's a picture my neighbor captured.
Ram 01 color.JPG

/ Trail Cam Surprize #29  
That sheep was an alien probe victim and they just conveniently dumped him.:D

/ Trail Cam Surprize #30  
Looking at various pictures on the internet, I agree the Mouflon is more representative of what we have lurking the neighborhood. The white patch on its side matches that found on web pictures of the Mouflon.

Here's a picture my neighbor captured.
View attachment 351520

Nice broadside shot. With a view like that I might know how they taste by now too. It would be easier to pass him around for a positive ID that way.