Trail cam for driveway security

/ Trail cam for driveway security #11  
FatTire - One thing I should have mentions (in my pervious long post) is that both the Spypoint & the Vosker Cameras are Cellular Only (no WiFi)... so as long as you have signal, like you mentioned that you do, you will be fine.

Also neither require any monthly subscriptions after you purchase the camera for the included 100 image notifications per month... it is only beyond the 100 notification & for additional features... you have to choose those options & activate them yourself. So you are in complete control of your monthly subscription cost.... (trust me I get it... they add up). Also the cameras will still capture the pictures if you supersede the 100 notifications, you will just not get notifications of them... you would have to review those pic / vids directly off the SD card; just like you would from a regular trail cam. So after the purchase there is no required subscription or monthly costs to use the cameras (not for data transfer or the cellular SIM card included with the cam) unless you choose to. As I mentioned I have 3 but only have a paid plan on 1 of them... I should have clear this up in my earlier post...

/ Trail cam for driveway security #12  
Dang, I was getting excited about that Vosker cam until I got onto amazon and read reviews. First of all the V100 is not readily available, but I did find it for $249. The V200 is discounted to $349 right now, which sounds great... Until you read that the solar panel cant even keep it charged in southern california sunshine. And that Vosker's customer service is pathetic at best. And that they bricked their own app with an update and people couldn't get their pics anymore.

ugh.

/ Trail cam for driveway security #13  
"100 pictures a month free."

If it will activate on small animals, you may get double that in one day.

Bruce

/ Trail cam for driveway security #14  
"100 pictures a month free."

If it will activate on small animals, you may get double that in one day.

Bruce

Ane also every time the homeowner comes and goes via the driveway.

KC

/ Trail cam for driveway security #15  
Yea, I'm thinking wireless security system is more prudent.

/ Trail cam for driveway security #16  
Dang, I was getting excited about that Vosker cam until I got onto amazon and read reviews. First of all the V100 is not readily available, but I did find it for $249. The V200 is discounted to $349 right now, which sounds great... Until you read that the solar panel cant even keep it charged in southern california sunshine. And that Vosker's customer service is pathetic at best. And that they bricked their own app with an update and people couldn't get their pics anymore.

ugh.

Deezler - Hey saw your post & wanted to give some real world feedback that we have seen over the past 4+ months as dealers & users.. just as a "for what its worth..."

It is true the V100 is a little scarce right now; our distributor only has 11 available at our local counter for same day pick-up (usually way more)... & it should be $199 with the current pricing promotion thru Oct 31 if they are an authorized dealer they should be honoring that price..
As far as the V200; I just checked & we have sold 31 of them in the past 4+ month (& that does not count the 5 V200 we are testing in-house - 2 on my own property - we do not sell anything we do not use / test in-house) with no complaints on the solar charging. I just checked mine after reading your post as to what others have said about the charging to make sure. They both are still at 100% charge & they were both installed on 6-10-20, neither of mine get any where near full sun in the driveway maybe 60% light (not direct) as they are mounted to trees. So not sure what those people are doing but... it something... mine are physically covered by trees... no direct sunlight & as far as I know (I will check) we have had zero calls on solar charging issues from the ones we have sold.

As far as Vosker's support... in my opinion... it definitely could use improvements (but who's couldn't)... however being in the tech world & dealing with calls to tech support 5+ days a week from one company or another... they are a far cry from pathetic as amazon reviewers would have you believe. I deal with technology tech support on a daily basis & can say their is no substitute for stellar service... but it is rare. I would rate Vosker's a 7++ out of 10 (even with the RMA's we have had). I work for a small local business that designs, installs & SERVICES the products we sell to our clients (no retail store, no amazon store, no online sales)... I emphasize service because most of our clients use us as there first call for support & we resolve 90 - 92% of issues in-house for all products we sell / install. It is why in my original post I stated: "please find / locate a local dealer [we are not an online retailer].... I am posting this because I like the product thus far (I'm in systems designs & programing)... (If you are interested & can not find a local dealer please let me know I will find you one (via Vosker)."
Nothing against Amazon I use them weekly... but I would hope a local dealer (for whatever they sell) like us; would be their clients first call for tech support & they would support & troubleshoot what they sell (I know this is not always the case)... if you purchase from amazon... well... you call Vosker direct.... (again local dealer if available should be the same pricing)

And yes there was an App update issue but was rectified pretty quickly.... still NOT OK... (we were effected by it also)... but for all of us that own any technology (Apple, Windows, Android - could name a 100's more, they've all had it happen during an update)... not justifying... it just it happens... They did correct it swiftly & did notify any register end-users (which is way more than I can say for some other companies). Also it is not true "people couldn't get their pics anymore" as the amazon reviewers state; when this happened they did not get notification of the images (it was an App issue not a camera issue), all the images & video were still stored locally on the internal SD card (just like a standard trail cam)... Again not a justification... just a clarification...

What companies like Vosker & Spypoint offer is a solution others aren't & are a good option for many (not all). For those that don't know, Spypoint makes the camera technology (the Camera) for the Vosker... Vosker App has more security features than the Spypoint trail cams... (Shhh... tech support is the same)...

Again this is just my real world feedback on a product I am using & testing... perfect.. no... better than a trail cam for security... IMHO... 100%.....

/ Trail cam for driveway security #17  
Yea, I'm thinking wireless security system is more prudent.

workinonit - I agree if WiFi is an option I would seriously consider that route also... most all the Vosker cameras we have sold neither hardwire & WiFi was not an option due to the location... That is really where the Vosker & Spypoint cameras are a solution.

/ Trail cam for driveway security #18  
STC_2204.JPG
I want to purchase several trail cams that I will use primarily to monitor my driveway and shop area when I'm gone. I might occasionally use them for wildlife too, like when we are having bear problems, etc. Since I want to buy 3 or 4 price is a big factor.

I have Moultrie that is small but doesn't take the best images, and an old Bushnell that takes great photos but the box is too large to hide effectively.

What cams do you like that are not too expensive?
I use the Stealth Cam here for game and driveway monitoring. I live very rural and the nearest LEO is an hour away so we are all well armed for any issues that come up. The camera will take a picture of any trespassers as I live on a mile long private driveway up a box canyon. I will at least know who to hunt down in case of trouble. The sheriffs response time for property crimes is 2-3 days or whenever convenient. Funny you mentioned bears as I have many this year!View attachment 674704STC_2353.JPG